cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue adding a second account to my Quest 3

Irishpirate12
Explorer

Hi all

Im having issues adding a second user to my Quest 3. I have a 13 year old and he has created a Meta account, I have invited him to be supervised and he is now under my supervision ( all good so far), added the Meta app to his phone, logged him in etc.

I’ve try to add him to my Quest 3, but I’m stuck at the last hurdle. We get the number from the headset which he entered under meta.com/device and it then says to finish setup, go to auth.meta.com . Help this goes nowhere. I’m missing something obvious. Do I need add my Quest 3 to his app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe it's the best you ask support for help.

As I said I have never setup child/teen account.

You can open a support ticket HERE

Scroll down to "contact support" or

send a PM @MetaQuestSupport 

click on the name to visit their profile page, then click the "send a message" button.

I hope they can point you in the right direction🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Irishpirate12 

if I type auth.meta.com in my pc desktop browser i get this

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 19-26-52 Meta Quest.png

My picture is in german, but it tells me to give in my password again...I think, that's what you should get too.

If you use your phone, try it on pc.

Thanks for the message. sorry I meant to say, it says go to meta.com/device! I’m missing the last step to add my teenager to my Quest 3

i thought this would be simple to do

Normally you add an account from within the headset.

Püt on your headset and go to

settings - accounts - add account

I don't want to tell you something wrong...I haven't setup a child/teen account, but it should be the same as adding any second account

Thanks so much for your reply 
it must be me, but I did manage to add my 10 year old fine, it just my 13 year old I’m struggling with 
I’m not sure if I need to add my Quest to his app as a new device 
I really thought this would be simple 

thanks for your replies, I’m very grateful 

Maybe it's the best you ask support for help.

As I said I have never setup child/teen account.

You can open a support ticket HERE

Scroll down to "contact support" or

send a PM @MetaQuestSupport 

click on the name to visit their profile page, then click the "send a message" button.

I hope they can point you in the right direction🙂

thanks so much but I did raise a ticket last week and I get bits of information only and a. One reply a day and nothing since Friday 

let’s see if I get a response on Monday 

thanks for all your replies and have a great week 

Just in case you are anyone is interested, I got sorted in the end! Meta advised me to do a hard reset on the headset! To be honest I wasn’t confident that it would work, but it does and I now have my son on as second user and he properly supervised 😀

Hey there, @Irishpirate12. We're happy to hear that you were able to get your kiddos set up with an account. We are excited for you guys to share those fun VR experiences with each other. Please remember that if you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us, and we can take it from there. Thank you, and happy gaming!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

That's great news !

I'm happy for you that all is working properly now 👍

I wish you both a lot fun with the Quest😁

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?