cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Mixed Reality Capture

Arroven
Explorer

Hello, I can't start mixed reality capture at any cost, I have Meta Quest 3, the problem I see is that I don't have the option to enable MRC made available in the games, I tried to get into mixed reality with the help of Liv connect, OBS or reality mixer, nothing works , please help me, any advice would be great!!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there, guys! Sorry for the wait in getting back to everyone, and a happy new year to you all as well! I wanted to let you know that I heard back from our engineers. They were able to confirm that mixed reality capture is not an official supported feature for the Quest 3.

I know this isn't the best news to hear, and I know how great it would be to have mixed reality capture for the Quest 3. I suggest that you make a post on the Ideas Page of the forums saying that you want to see this in a possible future update. There, other users and developers are able to share their suggestions with each other, and we've even seen some ideas implemented in past updates.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

View solution in original post

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there, guys! Sorry that it's been a while since I last reached back out to you all. I wanted to let you know that I spoke again with our engineers, and they confirmed that the Quest 3 headset should not be capable of mixed reality capture. If you have a headset that does, then great! But in the end, this feature just isn't officially supported for the Quest 3.

It would be great to see the Quest 3 be able to allow mixed reality capture like other headsets can. So I recommend that you share this suggestion on our Ideas Page in the forums. This way, there is a chance that this could be seen in a future update for the Quest 3.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

Wu70
Explorer

Looks like Mixed Reality Capture is already fully supported by Q3 but Meta decided to break compatibility in v60 firmware so all devs needs to update their games because right now It cannot load required libs as you can see in logcat logs:

OVRMrcLib: Try loading /data/app/~~YrMPdG2-q7z1Fv6oJ3jETA==/com.beatgames.beatsaber-i16n_ZL1i615Yj5FPmgg6Q==/lib/arm64/libOVRMrcLib.oculus.so

OVRMrcLib: Try loading /data/app/~~YrMPdG2-q7z1Fv6oJ3jETA==/com.beatgames.beatsaber-i16n_ZL1i615Yj5FPmgg6Q==/lib/arm64/libOVRMrcLib.so

OVRMrcLib: Try loading libOVRMrcLib.oculus.so

OVRMrcLib: Try loading libOVRMrcLib.so

OVRMrcLib: Unable to load OVRMrcLib

OVRPlugin: Unable to load OVRMrcLib

OVRPlugin: ovrp_Media_Initialize failed. OVRMrcLib not loaded 

Solution is very simple because this lib already exist in the system: one-line fix:

<uses-native-library android:name="libOVRMrcLib.oculus.so" android:required="true" />

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Unity-VR-Development/Unable-to-load-OVRMrcLib-so/m-p/1114240#M...

We all knows how stupid is breaking compatibility with ALL games and saying its just not supported by Q3, LOL but it is what it is and for sure the only way to get it working is sending bug reports to game developers because Meta dont care and will not fix this anyway.

@The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth you can send this to yours engineers, they could very easily fix this for everyone.

60 REPLIES 60

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Arroven! We'd love to help out! MRC is an incredible tool for beginning to blend the real and virtual realities, and it's always fun to see what our players get up to when using it! Can you let us know at which point in the process does launching the MRC tool give you issues? Screenshots are encouraged! We also have a guide for using MRC on our page, here, if you haven't seen it already! We know it says Quest 2, but the same is applicable for the Quest 3!

Can you verify which version of the MRC tool you have? Is it the most recent 5.1.2 version? Also, be sure your OBS (or LiV/Reality Mixer), MRC Quest 3 app, and headset are updated to the most recent versions available.

We've seen a thread before about users having issues with the MRC tool, and plenty of community members have actually had this same issue solved using the steps from our community here!

Let us know if that works out or not, and we'll see what else we could try!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

hi, I'm doing everything as I should, but after I click on CONNECT TO MRC- ENABLED GAME RUNNING ON QUEST, this message appears: PLEASE VERIFY THE QUEST IP address, and if mrc- enabled game is running on quest. Reboot the headset and re-launch the game if the issue remains.
Isn't the problem that if I give beatsaber settings, I don't have the option to enable MRC? That's what I thought, thanks for the help!!!!

yes I am using the latest version

Awesome, thanks for these details! While we definitely want to be able to have MRC enabled within the Beat Saber game settings, we also want to make sure your Wi-Fi network is free of any VPN or Proxy's when attempting to set up MRC tool. 

Since all of the apps are up-to-date, we'd love to see if you're able to capture a video showing your experience setting everything up! From there, we'll continue working together to take a further look into your device. Of course, if any additional adjustments are made along the way, do let us know! We want to get to the bottom of this! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Arroven
Explorer

1.jpg2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png

1 picture, Running MRC on guest 3
2 image, after calibration and plugin installation
3 picture, this is what my folder looks like where I saved the calibration (maybe I just made a mistake here, but I admit that I don't understand the description on your website)
4 picture, Camera after importing Guest MRC.json
5 picture, before starting
6. error

Arroven
Explorer

Wi-Fi network is free of any VPN or Proxy's

Hey @Arroven, thank you for providing that information. We would like to continue providing you assistance with this issue, but in order for us to do so, we will need to collect some sensitive information in a PM. So if you could please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

I did it

Da_Dingo
Protege

Was there a solution to this?  I am having the same issue but on the Quest 2.  I have successfully used mrc with beatsaber for the last couple years up until recently.  If I roll my beatsaber version back to arround 29 I can still get it to work but anything after that does not seem like mrc is activated in beatsaber.   I have followed all the Instructions and all up to date (except OBS since the newest doesnt work wtih the plugin).  Know how to move the MRC.XML file to and from where your supposed to and everything else but when it comes time to connect obs to beatsaber it fails.  Just factory reset my headset even hoping that would make a difference but nothing.  Like said it works great if I use an older version so I know my setup is good but would like to play the newer songs with MRC.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?