cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with head tracking in some demos

tim02035
Honored Guest
Hi everyone,
I just got my DK2 last night and set it up. I tried the Oculus bundled demo as well as the unity Tuscany demo and everything worked perfectly. The problem arose this am when i tried the sight line: the chair and titans of space demos. Video, audio, and looking around works fine but the head tracking acts weird. It moves the world sympathetically with whatever way i lean. So, for example, if i lean forward to look at the desk in sightline, the world just slides forward the same amount. These are both in Direct to Rift mode. All that being said, it worked perfectly in the first 2 demos i tried.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time! Tim
4 REPLIES 4

mattc
Honored Guest
Just got my DK2 today getting the same thing, anyone else had this issue?

mattc
Honored Guest
Just made a little bit of 'progress' if I unplugged and replugged the usb cable on the camera occasionally it would work for a little bit, though even then it would still lose it pretty badly and after 30 seconds or so i'm back to pushing the scene around with my head.

Not sure what the deal is here the camera lights up blue just fine seems like it should have me 'locked' ??

mattc
Honored Guest
Ok couldn't resist trying one more thing, switched the camera usb to a different usb port and its waaaay better still snaps around a bit at times but at least its consistent (ish) now.

steve
Honored Guest
"tim02035" wrote:
Video, audio, and looking around works fine but the head tracking acts weird. It moves the world sympathetically with whatever way i lean.

I fixed this problem by plugging in the sync cable. It's the one that looks like an audio cable and goes into the camera and the little Oculus breakout box.It doesn't have anything to do with the USB cables, it's definitely the sync cable.