cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with using PCVR games

Mik3y2b
Level 2

Whenever i connect my quest 2 to my pc using a link cable, it tells me "Oculus is not set as the default OpenXR runtime. This might prevent some applications from launching correctly." Then supplies me with a button that takes me to my settings where it tells me i can set my oculus as the default, but whenever i click the button that says "Set Oculus as active," nothing happens. it only goes dark for a moment and says the openXR runtime is set to none again. please send help

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Mikeyjoe13, we totally understand your concern over this PCVR issue. It is one of the coolest features, and we want to help you get back into the world of VR! It seems like your headset is failing to recognize what you did and needs a factory reset. Here's how to do that:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If the issue still persists, shoot us a private message so we can take a deeper look. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.