cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jagged and flickering edges since update 47

murifantu
Honored Guest

Anyone else have this problem since the latest update?

Started my headset today to find dramatically reduced graphics quality.

There is a very noticeable problem with the drawing of lines, particularly the edges around polygons. Lines looked jagged and they flicker a lot, even when I'm staying very still.

The issue occurs in all apps, even in Home. The edges around windows and the app bar at the bottom of the screen are jagged and flickering. See attached screenshots.

In the game Myst, all shiny surfaces (e.g. metal surfaces that reflect light) are extremely flickery and appear to be low resolution. The game looks really bad now, even though it looked beautiful yesterday before the update.

It looks like the headset is stuck in some sort of "low performance mode" that renders in low quality.

I'm wearing the headset correctly, tracking works flawlessly, lenses are clean, image is not blurry... This is 100% a rendering problem related to the GPU which started today.

low-quality-01.pnglow-quality-02.png

9 REPLIES 9

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

My system just updated to v47. The artifacts are there on my Quest 2, but I wouldn't have noticed them without specifically looking for them. So I couldn't tell you if they were there or not on v46 or earlier.

For me it is most noticeable in games, specifically Cubism and Myst.

In Cubism, the menu's text is completely disgusting and low-res, and the edges of all blocks are super jagged, like sawtooth. This all started today. The game was beautiful before.

In Myst, every scene is now littered with flickering lines everywhere. Shiny surfaces are the worst, they look like garbage. Again, this game was stunningly beautiful before this problem started today.

I'll try to post some videos tomorrow.

Occulus321
Honored Guest

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a fix?

Hey Occulus321! We understand that you are having issues with quality display since the new update. This is not the experience we want our customers to have and we would like to look into this further. If we could get you to create a ticket so you can be connected with our support team, they will be able to go over some options with you. You can create a ticket by going here and following the prompts.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution?

Hey there, @MrStonkus! We hate to hear that you are having trouble with the graphics quality in your headset after an update. We know how having to deal with this can be a bother to your VR experience, and we're happy to look into this with you!

• We would like to see if rebooting the headset is able to fix the quality of your headset. Hold the power button down on your headset for about 10 seconds. Then, after about 30 seconds, turn the headset back on.
  • If that does not work, check to make sure that your internet connection is stable and does not have multiple devices on it at the same time, as this can also affect the quality displayed in your headset while using it.
  • Are you also seeing this when using the Quest Link, or just whenever you use your headset?

Please let us know if the troubleshooting is able to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, @MrStonkus! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with jagged and flickering edges since the v47 update. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

DimMin
Honored Guest

Have exactly the same problem, but with two devices. v50, v51, v53 did not help anything. Also tried with the other account, is the same. The apps and games are unusable. The movement is not possible in VRChat. GPU and CPU is mostly at 100%. I was offered a replacement, let's see if that helps.

Hey there, @DimMin. Thank you for reaching back out and providing that information. We understand how inconvenient it may be for you, so we'd like to share some steps to see if we can get you up and running again.

Have you done a factory reset? If not, here is how.

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
Tap the headset connected to your phone.
Tap Advanced Settings.
Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

Turn off your headset.
Hold the power and volume (-) buttons on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you have done this without any success, please resume working with the same agent you were speaking with for the replacement.