cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joystick button not moving forward/up

cakefairy46
Honored Guest

Hi, I bought my oculus quest 2 yesterday, it’s all great except that the joystick button to move forwards in games (left controller) isn’t working properly, it’s like it’s out of sync, it’ll go back instead of forwards at times or suddenly respond and jolt forwards. Any ideas what I can do? Obviously it’s brand new and I need it sorted asap, I have 2 grumpy teens here that were excited but now moaning like hell. I’m not very tech minded so any simplified answers would be much appreciated please x

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, ,we're so sorry to hear that you and your teens are dealing with this issue right now. We understand the importance of interacting with family through gaming, we'll get this matter resolved for you. Below we'll input a link with instructions on pairing and unpairing your Quest 2 controllers. Please click HERE

If after attempting that, you're still running into the same issue with the controller. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We're here to help, we'll work on getting you and your family back gaming asap!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

recroomers
Explorer

i have the same thing but i also have drift i cant find any fixes and im thinking of returning it

Hey there! Wrestling with controllers is no fun at all! Let's take a closer look and see if we can get that taken care of.

To begin, you'll want to remove the batteries from the controllers for at least 30 minutes. Following that, unpair then re-pair those controllers. Here is a link with a quick breakdown of how to make that happen. While going through the re-pairing process, make sure you're not touching the joysticks on either controller. We'll want those to stay in a neutral position to be properly calibrated.

Let us know if that doesn't get those controllers sorted! You can send us a PM by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or by clicking here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

recroomers
Explorer

I have the same thing and also I have drift any fixes?

I'm having similar issues but my left controller won't let me go left or right no matter what I try I can't fix it 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jasonboy3527vr, We see that you are having some trouble with your controller. We hate to know that you're having so much trouble, we first want to see what you have done to try and troubleshoot the controllers. Just so that we can avoid going in circles. Once you give us a little bit of details we can properly diagnose what might be going on. 

Hey @Jasonboy3527vr, We are hoping that you get to us soon. Please let us know if you still need help and let us know what you have done to troubleshoot your controllers.