cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought a game through metaquest

ramspectrum
Explorer

Just bought a game on metaquest, black friday deal.

And it doest show up in my Oculus library, Zero Caliber: Reloaded.

I haven't downloaded it, as quest 2 is off at the moment.

Have I made a mistake?

Should I have not bought this through Metaquest web page?

I have the lead, so would want to utilise that.

Please help...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Fluke
Heroic Explorer

While it shouldn't make any difference, I've had this happen once to me. I'd purchased something through a browser on desktop, and it didn't show up in the headset. The solution for me was actually to look at the store via the phone app which gave me the option to install to the headset, so try checking in the app if you bought via a browser, or check the store page in the actual headset.

Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

View solution in original post

Hey there, @ramspectrum! We understand you have some concerns about cross-buy titles. Let us point you in the right direction. As you know, not every game is cross-play compatible. Our website has a list of cross-play compatible games, which you can find here.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Fluke
Heroic Explorer

While it shouldn't make any difference, I've had this happen once to me. I'd purchased something through a browser on desktop, and it didn't show up in the headset. The solution for me was actually to look at the store via the phone app which gave me the option to install to the headset, so try checking in the app if you bought via a browser, or check the store page in the actual headset.

Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

Yes 👍 I went to the app on mobile and said install. It says pending install as not got quest on at the moment. Is it native then? I would rather use my lead if possible.

Fluke
Heroic Explorer

If you bought it from the Quest store, then it's the native Quest version. If you prefer the PC versions, then make sure you're buying from the Rift (PC) store, or buy from somewhere like Steam or Epic.

However, some game do support cross-buy, where you get both the Quest version and the native PC version as well. Whether you get both though depends on the actual developer/publisher of the game. If something you buy is cross-buy, then it will show up as downloadable in the PC desktop app.

BTW, I have to ask, is your username a ZX Spectrum reference?!

No, not that old computer although I did play on it when I was a kid.

So I'm.not sure if it is cross play.

It was a bargain price on metaquest website so snapped it up without thinking.

But when I go to my oculus app on my computer it's not there.

But is on the meta Quest app on phone.

Likewise I bought Pavlov from steam and it shows that on the mobile app, but also on steam.

Won't it be choppy af being native?

Thanks for your help.

Fluke
Heroic Explorer

I've not played Zero Caliber, so can't comment on the performance. I've played the Quest version of Contractors, and that runs really well on Quest (as long as you don't enable 120Hz experimental mode).

Give it a try, and if you don't like how it runs, refund it. You have up to 2 hours to try a game within 2 weeks of buying it to decide if you want a refund (same refund policy as Steam). If you do refund something though, do not uninstall it from your Quest until you've had confirmation the refund has been issued.

Hey there, @ramspectrum! We understand you have some concerns about cross-buy titles. Let us point you in the right direction. As you know, not every game is cross-play compatible. Our website has a list of cross-play compatible games, which you can find here.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!