cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received my Oculus, white light, have sound, no display

Mrcandleguy
Honored Guest
Hi,

So I just got my Oculus today and i'm doing the setup (everything is going fine) I've got my Oculus in a HDMI - DVI adapter which the setup accepts no problem. But when I get to the green lines I see nothing, one time I was able to skip this and in what I assume is Oculus home I can hear a fire going but I do not see anything, it also sounds like headtracking does work. 

Anyone else found any solutions? 
9 REPLIES 9

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Can you post your system specs mate ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Mrcandleguy
Honored Guest

Techy111 said:

Can you post your system specs mate ?

Actually. I think I sorted it. It didn't like my HDMI-DVI adapter for some reason, so now i've got a HDMI-Display port and i've got an image now. Though i'm getting red/purple vertical lines along my display and the edge of every object seems to be quite noisy/blurry. I believe @cybereality mentioned it might be something to do with an active adapter rather than a passive. Which i've got on order to show up tomorrow. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you not have any HDMI ports? o:

I'd recommend using your HDMI port for the rift and then using the adapter for your monitor

Mrcandleguy
Honored Guest

FrozenPea said:

Do you not have any HDMI ports? o:

I'd recommend using your HDMI port for the rift and then using the adapter for your monitor

I did. When I tried to use my HDMI port for my rift, it screwed up the port now it won't work for my monitor or my rift. So unless i buy a new GPU (which i'm not, i got a 390) i have to use an adapter. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
well that sucks! hope the new adaptor works for you 🙂

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
Have u tried a clean install of the latest drivers - a Rift wont screw up your hdmi port by default.

Mrcandleguy
Honored Guest

Have u tried a clean install of the latest drivers - a Rift wont screw up your hdmi port by default.

I have not, maybe I should give that a go. 

OwMyBones
Explorer
Do you use multiple monitors for your PC?  I read in a few other posts that some Radeon cards might not support multi monitor setups with a rift. 

Mrcandleguy
Honored Guest

OwMyBones said:

Do you use multiple monitors for your PC?  I read in a few other posts that some Radeon cards might not support multi monitor setups with a rift. 

I do. 

But that HDMI port doesn't even work when the rift isn't plugged in. 

But now i'm using 2xDVI & 1 display port (rift) and everything is working fine. I think the Rift either fried that HDMI port or it damaged it somehow. Looking at the port though, it looks fine. =/