cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KIWI battery head strap not charging Quest 2

burlington19542024
Honored Guest

My KIWI battery head strap has worked great when connected to my Quest 2, extending its battery life.  For some reason in the past few months it no longer seems like the Quest 2 recognizes when KIWI head set is connected.  It no longer charges the Quest 2, extending its battery.  Anyone else having this issue?  Did a Quest 2 update change something?

Thanks 

Michael

6 REPLIES 6

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @burlington19542024 🙂

my Bobovr headstrap still charges the Quest.

So, I think the problem is caused by your headstrap/headstrap battery.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @burlington19542024! We appreciate you contacting us about your concerns with your KIWI Battery Head Strap for Quest. We understand how important extended battery life is, so we're sorry to hear that your Quest 2 isn't recognizing your battery head strap. However, Meta Quest does not support or recommend the use of third-party battery chargers, so we won't be able to provide any assistance regarding the KIWI product and how it has affected your Quest 2. 

We recently cut the price of the Meta Quest 2 Elite Strap with Battery in half, and we're confident that it will be a superior replacement. The Meta Quest 2 Elite Strap with Battery increases balance and support with a twist of the fit wheel, while the built-in battery doubles your playtime. You can check it out here!

Nonetheless, we still want you to have the best VR experience possible, so we kindly ask that you answer the questions below regarding Quest 2:

• Is your Quest 2 still functioning and charging normally even if the KIWI Battery Head Strap is disconnected?
  • Is your battery still capable of holding a charge?
  • Have there been any recent changes to your Quest 2, or have there been any damages?
  • Is your Quest 2 running the latest version of our software, v64?
  • What have you done so far to troubleshoot?

We look forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey, @Choleni! Thanks for being an MVP and for helping your fellow Quest users! If they're still able to charge their Quest 2 and its battery isn't having any problems, you're correct. It's more than likely the KIWI Battery Head Strap for the Quest that's the issue. Please keep in mind that we may not be able to help you with any damage to your battery caused by your KIWI Battery Head Strap for Quest. If you believe your Quest 2 battery or charging port is the issue, please let us know by answering the questions in our previous post, @burlington19542024! We're looking forward to your reply!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

• Is your Quest 2 still functioning and charging normally even if the KIWI Battery Head Strap is disconnected?
    • Yes it is
  • Is your battery still capable of holding a charge?
    • Yes but some movies are longer now and battery does not last long enough alone.
  • Have there been any recent changes to your Quest 2, or have there been any damages?
    • No, it sits on same spot i keep it quietly charging until I use it.
  • Is your Quest 2 running the latest version of our software, v64?
    • Yes it is set for automatic updates.  I checked last night and it said no new updates were available.
  • What have you done so far to troubleshoot?

Hey there again, @burlington19542024! Thank you for replying so quickly! Based on the information you've provided, it seems like your KIWI battery head strap is the root cause of your battery issues, we recommend you reaching out to the retailer your purchased that product or contact KIWI themselves as we do not service third party products.

We hope this helps, and you have a great rest of your day!

Hi @MetaQuestSupport 

thanks for vour answer......seems there is some misunderstanding.🙂

I don't have a KIWI headstrap and I don't have any problems with my Bobovr headstrap.
I only answered to @burlington19542024  and told him his issue is most likely caused by his KIWI headstrap.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?