cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard questions

DanielMalmgren
Explorer

Hi.

I need to be able to input text in my virtual environment, so I'm investigating the keyboard possibilities.

1. The choice of languages for the virtual keyboard is limited to say the least. Is there any way to get more languages than the ones that are there from the beginning? I need Swedish keyboard layout...

2. I guess the best alternative is to buy a BT keyboard and the best thing would of course be one that is tracked. Also here the number of alternatives is kinda limited. If I don't want an Apple keyboard the Logitech K830 seems to be the only choice and it isn't even produced any more. Do the rest of you simply use non tracked keyboards or is there any solution I have missed?

2 REPLIES 2

nexioss
Honored Guest

i hope whe will get a respond from the dev, i have the same issue caus mine is swiss so its weird to tipe with it

DanielMalmgren
Explorer

One month later. I have now upgraded to v40 and bought a keyboard that's supported and mapped (Logitech MX Keys) just to find out that the swedish keys on my keyboard actually doesn't produce the corresponding swedish letters in the Oculus environment. I have actually never used a system with crappier language support, this is just horrible. And as I traverse these forums I find quite many posts pointing this out.

In case anyone at Meta is reading in these forums (which they don't seem to do) I'd just like to point out that somewhere around 95% of the worlds population are NOT native english speaking.