cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids needs to cast their games to TV so their friends can watch

kelath
Level 2

So my kids have sub-accounts on the Oculus, no big surprise there (supposedly family device and all), but when their friends come over they want to watch each other play. I've tried for over an hour yesterday doing everything to pair the Oculus to my kids phones so they can cast respectively, unfortunately it didn't work, so the Oculus just ended up sitting in the corner of the room collecting dust.

I did contact support and they told me to factory reset the Oculus from the kids phone. I tried explaining first we have to be able to pair the phone, but support was pretty insistent also sending me an email today saying the same and if it doesn't work from my kids phone to factory reset it from my phone. But I just don't see how that can solve the problem...

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelath, just want to say this is not the experience we would like you to have and hopefully we can clear things up for you. Even though you can have multiple accounts on the device for app sharing, you are only able to pair it with the main account. All other accounts will not be able to pair to the device, therefore they will not be able to cast. Your only option would be to sign into the main account on your kid's cell as well when you want to cast from their phone. We hope this has helped, but let us know if you have any other questions!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelath! Just wanting to connect with you about your casting issue and see if everything is working ok now. If you are still having issues feel free to reach back out to us.