cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kiosk Mode

auinnovation
Honored Guest

We have headsets for student use available at the University. Until recently we were of the understanding that we could utilize Kiosk mode on the Quest 2. Now it appears this isn't correct unless you have an Oculus Business account and this is also going away. 

Is there a way to lock accessible apps? We DO NOT want students to be able to access Youtube at will on the headsets for obvious reasons. 

4 REPLIES 4

Blimey_XR
Explorer

I would also like to enable kiosk mode for our devices at our educational institution. 

We would like to manage the 10 headsets used simultaneously in class, from one device.

Help would be much appreciated!

Hey there @Blimey_XR. That's a very good question and we understand your needs. We have info about new changes coming to the newly-named Quest for Business. We provided links HERE and also HERE for your convenience. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

maisdvr32
Honored Guest

I support over 50 Meta Quests 2 used in secondary schools.  The key is to use a Mobile Device Manager (MDM) and the two popular MDMs are https://managexr.com and https://arborxr.com  They are similar, however, ArborXR currently offers schools 50 licenses for free.   Both MDMs offers kiosk mode, restricting what a user can see, along with an option to enable/disable an app for all headsets with a single click and more.  We are currently using ManageXR with 35 headsets being used with the Prisms math program and it's only allowing students to see a single program - Prisms.  I can create different configurations - so specific apps (such as YouTube) can be enabled/disabled with a click on the MDM's console.   

It's important to know that if you want to install a paid app such as Wander, BeatSaber, National Geographic VR, the app must be purchased an installed individually onto each headset.  The MDM simply allows you to manage the headset and what students can access.  Email me or take with me at the ISTE Conference if I can be of more help.  Andy Mann  amann@muskegonisd.org  Student view set by MDMStudent view set by MDM 

rosie.760202
Honored Guest

Oculus Guardian: The Oculus Guardian system allows you to define boundaries and safe zones in virtual reality. You can set up a designated area where the headsets can be used and ensure that students cannot leave that area or access unauthorized apps.

Device management tools: If you have access to device management tools, such as the Oculus for Business platform or third-party Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions, you may have additional options for app management. These tools can provide more granular control over the installed apps, allowing you to whitelist specific apps for student use and block or hide apps like YouTube.

Moreover, I prefer not to complicate anything and use this source https://paperell.net/persuasive-essay-writing-service to do my writing, it really helps me a lot with college, especially since these guys are very good at what they do write persuasite essay for me.