cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Issue - Cannot pair Replacement Quest Headset with the Oculus App

DominatorVIP
Adventurer

Hello all,

I recently got a brand new Oculus Quest via RMA, and I'm in the process of updating it. However, I'm having some issues trying to pair the new Headset with the app. I have the Oculus Quest 1 (or the OG quest).

When I try to setup the headset inside the Oculus app, I get through the part asking me to plug in the Quest to power, turn it on, etc. After I put in the pairing code found inside the Quest (sometimes it automatically finds the pairing code, sometimes it doesn't, don't know why), it says "pairing to headset". After a minute or two it spits out an error saying it cannot connect to the headset. I've tried all the following troubleshooting:

• Factory Resetting the headset (even though it's brand new :/)
  • Uninstalling/Reinstalling the Oculus app
  • Trying the setup on multiple different devices
  • Turning bluetooth & location off and on again, along with checking the app has proper permissions to use them on each of the devices I tried it on
  • Restarting the headset & devices

I don't know what's causing this. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, is there any potential fixes for it? I already opened a ticket with Oculus Support and all I got as a response is "our developers are aware of the issue are are currently working on it" which could mean a lot or absolutely nothing judging by how you look at it. It looks like a LOT of other people are having this issue, so hopefully they fix whatever's causing it soon.

Cheers,

~ Dom

(EDIT: I posted a fix in the replies which appears to have fixed the issue for most. If it helped you at all, and you'd be so inclined, feel free to use my referral code, as when you (finally) activate your headset, we'll both get $30 of credit to use on whatever you want: https://www.oculus.com/referrals/link/DominatorVIP/)

204 REPLIES 204

Nope, unfortunatly

It's been a few days for me, too.  No good.

prithee
Explorer

I have an Oculus Quest. I've uninstalled the Oculus phone app. 

I performed a hard reset (power + vol down). 

Now when I start the device all I see is the Oculus logo saying "continue with the Oculus app" and a code.

I try to put the code into my phone, but it fails to connect (with WiFi and bluetooth enabled).

Is there any way for me to get into a menu or progress past this point? I just want to use the headset as I have in the past.

I'm new to oculus. This happens to me I've been in contact with a agent and they said they'll fix it soon since is common and is happening to other players. Fow how long have you had this issue. And let me know when you fix it

I'll chime in cuz I have the same issue. 3 weeks as of today for me!!!

akiains
Honored Guest

The same problem after the factory reset from the app. After that, my oculus quest1 could not pair with my phone. I also notice that I can see my device in my Meta account, but I can't remove it. If I try to pair my oculus with another account, it says I have already paired the oculus, so it can't pair either.

akiains
Honored Guest

Okay, I found the solution. I tried to sideload the quest 1 V43 firmware using adb manually. After several restarts, my oculus request 1 can pair with my app again.

Unfortunately, I may not be allowed to share the firmware and you should depend on yourself to find them. You can find the tutorial on Youtube.

I will. This issue has affected me for a few days with no clear resolution and multiple attempts to setup. 

Did you get to fix it?

Nope, not yet! I'll update if I have any progress or learn anything