I recently got a brand new Oculus Quest via RMA, and I'm in the process of updating it. However, I'm having some issues trying to pair the new Headset with the app. I have the Oculus Quest 1 (or the OG quest).
When I try to setup the headset inside the Oculus app, I get through the part asking me to plug in the Quest to power, turn it on, etc. After I put in the pairing code found inside the Quest (sometimes it automatically finds the pairing code, sometimes it doesn't, don't know why), it says "pairing to headset". After a minute or two it spits out an error saying it cannot connect to the headset. I've tried all the following troubleshooting:
I don't know what's causing this. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, is there any potential fixes for it? I already opened a ticket with Oculus Support and all I got as a response is "our developers are aware of the issue are are currently working on it" which could mean a lot or absolutely nothing judging by how you look at it. It looks like a LOT of other people are having this issue, so hopefully they fix whatever's causing it soon.
(EDIT: I posted a fix in the replies which appears to have fixed the issue for most. If it helped you at all, and you'd be so inclined, feel free to use my referral code, as when you (finally) activate your headset, we'll both get $30 of credit to use on whatever you want: https://www.oculus.com/referrals/link/DominatorVIP/)
Solved! Go to Solution.
A guy said he has been waiting 3 weeks and the issue hasn’t been fixed. I’ve tried soft-reset , Hard Reset - factory reset - powering both devices off and unlinking my bluetooth decides - uninstalling and installing the app again and nothing work. Do you know when this will be solved?
I recently factory reset my Meta Quest 2 due to a login issue in the Meta account migration. When in the introduction screen on my Quest 2, it shows a code to enter into the Meta Quest app on my phone. I have typed it in multiple times and it shows the prompt "Unable to Connect to Your Headset." I have my Bluetooth on constantly and have factory reset my Quest 2 multiple times at this point. I have been waiting for Meta to fix their migration error for two weeks now and without it fixed, my headset is essentially locked and cannot be used.
Please provide any fixes you may have and Meta please fix this issue!
In my case, it has been more than 3 weeks since I started the claim, they contacted me from META SUPPORT and confirmed that it was their problem that "the engineers are trying to solve" but I am still waiting for a solution, I am quite disappointed, especially with my Oculus that is new and at first it worked correctly and then the controls started with synchronization problems, and the following week this pairing problem. Unfortunate because I have friends with Oculus 2 (not the latest version they released) and it works without problems
Struggling with this is well. My 10 year old doesn't understand why the one we bought doesn't work at all (stuck on pairing code screen) but his friends have a slightly older Quest 2 that work fine. Such bull**bleep** that Meta can't figure this out. Also I'm very disappointed in having to use my Facebook account for my kid's Oculus. This is not a kid and parent friendly solution at all. We returned our Quest 2 yesterday and I'm not sure we'll buy another because of the FB account requirement, even if they get the pairing issue fixed.