cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Issue - Controllers causing main menu to freeze while connected to wifi

Lem0ns
Explorer

Yesterday the controllers did a firmware update and then the menu screen started freezing every few seconds.

It will work fine for 2-5 seconds and then freeze for a few seconds. Downloads keep going etc. but both controllers freeze and the screen freezes on whatever I was looking at. When I move my head i can see the black void around the screen until it updates and things work again for a few seconds.

support said to reboot.

no fix.

said to re-pair remotes

no fix.

said to factory reset

no fix. 

The problem goes away when I disable wifi. Everything also works fine in an app. I've tried many different wifi hotspots. As soon as there's a wifi connection it starts freezing up.

62 REPLIES 62

Is there any update to this issue?  It’s rather frustrating not being able to browse all the various Worlds.

Tret6ru
Explorer

I'm also waiting for an update!!!

Oculus team do something!

philip368320
Honored Guest

My problem is as follows. When I turn on my wifi and use my home wifi then the quest freezes every 4 seconds for about 4 seconds then un-freezes again for 4 seconds and this repeats forever.

I also have another wifi router, so I tried to plug that into my home internet modem and turned off my home internet wifi, and I used that wifi router and the same problem. It seems any internet going through this modem is a problem for the Quest.

If I used my mobile phone as a wifi hotspot connected to cellular data network then it all works fine! so strange, no freezing.

My home internet modem is cloudmesh gateway from netcomm. Any data through this causes the freezing of quest making it useless.

Hey there. Freezing is no fun, and we want to get you back to fast gaming. Thank you for taking the time to try to fix this yourself. Here is a link with some extra steps that may be helpful!

If those extra steps don't get everything taken care of, please PM us so we can work with you and your wi-fi network. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here  Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

That didn’t solve the problem.  I don’t have any issues with Wi-Fi connectivity.  I don’t have any issues with any other game or app.  It is simply with the personal menu in Horizon Worlds.  It locks up every single time after I start trying to scroll for other worlds.

Hey @JackStraw71! Thanks for reaching back out with this update. As for now, since this is an issue within Horizon Worlds, we suggest filling out a Horizon Worlds bug report

We appreciate the patience and cooperation with us! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Connecting to wifi is not the issue, it connects no problem. As soon as it connects that's when the freezing starts. Once you are able to go back into settings between freeze ups and turn wifi off everything is fine other than it's pretty useless without wifi. I have fiber optic wifi that is extremely fast. It never goes down or has issues. As said in other posts, it started doing it after a recent update. 

Hi there! We would love to assist you with this. At this time we would like you to reach out to our support team here, so we can look into this directly for you.

Why are you telling people to reach out to support. We all need help here and support is useless.

Support denies that this is a problem even though it's a "Known issue"

Support just tells you to reboot and then re-pair your remotes and then factory reset. None of that helps.

It's obviously a software bug that has to do with certain internet connections.

The person in this thread that said that it was related to their Static IP might be on to something. 
Mine will work on a Cable modem at my friends house but not on my DSL modem at home. It's the oculus that is the problem though because I have no issues with any other devices. 
This issue is going on months without a fix. I wish I could just get my money back for this paperweight. 
It did work perfectly for several months. Maybe making older firmware available would help. 

The way to solve it is to buy the most modern Wifi-6 router, this worked for me - my other two older routers didn't work. There goes lots of money bye bye