cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Issue - Headset logged out and missing app library

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, the team is working on an issue now based on some reports that users are getting logged out of their headset or aren't seeing their purchased apps. In some of these cases, you might not be able to log back in.

The team is working to get this resolved, but in the meantime, we've found that rebooting your device by holding the power button until it powers down, and then restarting it, will fix the issue and allow you to log back in.

We'll update you all here when there's news on the fix.

*** UPDATE *** 7/14/22

The team wants to dig in further to see what’s causing the issue. They could use some more details here, so if anyone is currently having this issue, it’d be great if you could answer some questions.

If you don't mind sharing, could you please follow the steps here to submit a bug report and attach logs?

Some basic details that would help the team understand what you’re seeing better are the following: 

1. Is there a specific error message that you are seeing? Can you share a screen shot?
  2. Are you able to see the login screen or does it fail to come up? 
  3. Have you tried to login to your account on the website, mobile app, or PC app, and if so, which ones succeed and where do they fail?
  4. When did you start seeing this issue? Are you able to share the approximate time you last logged in successfully? 
  5. Are you attempting to login with Facebook or with email/password?

We’ve found another workaround for this issue with some success: Go to the Oculus mobile app and into Devices, then select your Quest or Quest 2 to pair the app with your headset. If this works, can you also send in a bug report and note that you weren’t able to log in and that pairing the headset fixed it?

We appreciate your patience while the team investigates this further, and for your assistance in gathering details.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.
68 REPLIES 68

PennyHobson
Honored Guest

I appreciate that things take time, but have any parts of the issue been isolated and identified? Looking on various forums the HDSLVC2 seems to be everywhere. The usual tricks of wifi forget, headset off, readd wifi in phone, headset on, sync - seems to not work, neither does hard reboot. Others have hard reset and still failed, so I am not risking it. Any recognition, or glimmer of light would be appreciated.

I just joined the un-virtual unhappy group who has been locked out with the ridiculous scope/token message, and I too have tried (4 times) deleting the apps, logging back in, restarting headset, and all of the advice here on this thread. How many of us have been affected by this glitch, why is the only reply 2 weeks old, and WHEN will it be fixed? I NEED my exercise program or I will lose very hard-fought progress I have made over the last few weeks. I have metastatic cancer. No joke. Someone please answer us!!

tom.wyeth
Honored Guest

My oculus was working fine for about a week (I just got it) and then suddenly all my apps didn’t work. I’d try to open them and they wouldn’t open/crash immediately. My profile pic is also gone and it says there is an issue with my account when I try to click on the little profile icon. So it seems there’s an account issue and I’m basically logged out. I’ve tried restarting the headset many times and I even hard restarted/ reset it. This fixed the issue for about a day and then the same thing happened again… What do I do? Can anyone help?  

Factory reset is the only short term fix I've found to this. This problem has been going on for over a week for myself. When I factory reset and reconnect/download everything, my Oculus works as expected. The only issue is, I have to keep the headset powered on or in standby mode. When I do a shut down, then power on, everything is disabled again. If you don't have everything backed up on cloud this is a bad idea, bc you will loose all your saved data. 

kryshael
Honored Guest

Who has a lawyer handy?  lol

Seriously though. I've spent a lot of money on this to not have ANY correspondence from them.

I submitted a ticket and they have been communicating well, but still no resolve. 

Monki677
Honored Guest

Please we are having this same issue. Have turned the headset off and back on and have deleted and redownloaded the app on my phone and nothing is working. 

NotAvey
Honored Guest

Having the exact same issue. Really sucks.

I was told to log out of both Facebook and oculus apps and I deleted them both as well. Didn’t work. But then I took the next advice they gave, which was to reset to factory settings. Luckily, I did have it set to back up to the cloud. It worked and I didn’t lose my progress, but I did end up with hand tracking failure. I had fixed this issue before, but now can’t remember how I did it. (I’m late middle age and take lots of meds). I still am unsure if I should power the headset down, I don’t want to have to start over again. Sigh.

See my reply below! 😁