cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Issue - Meta Device Code Not Working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everytime I have tried to add another accounts onto my quest 2 the device code on meta.com/device says "Invalid Device Code Request! Please try again!" I have factory reset my headset and done all troubleshooting methods.

98 REPLIES 98

it's a joke that you call this a "solution". literally all you did was acknowledge the problem. the definition of SOLUTION can be found on Google. you should be ashamed of yourself

SwedishRick
Honored Guest

Same problem here.  First last week i got locked out of facebook when trying to log in, had to send ID and stuff. Now when trying i went trough 100steps and stuck at device adding.  Well atlast i see its not me doing something wrong. 

KeithThib
Explorer

Just got ours today and it has already been a pain!! Took forever to pair headset and now this error for adding an account!

SwedishRick
Honored Guest

My workaround: 
1. Turn PC off (headset auto connected AIRLINK even though the app was closed)
2. Reinstall app (on phone)
3. Turn on Bluetooth on phone (cant fint the headset on only wifi)
4. Start & Log in to the app
5. Go to settings, and press search under your unit. (BT must be on phone)

This worked for me.  Good luck everyone!
/ SwedishRick

Can you elaborate on the secondary not requiring pairing? Because I updated the admin account and the two other facebook accounts to the 'meta' requiremenet and neither of the other accounts can update or log in without the pairing prompt. In addition, by not being paired prevents update to the accounts details to see their progress, information or any new purchases that are admin shared from the store. Any update on this is very much appreciated.

Nic_Caldwell
Explorer

I am having this same issue. When adding a second account, an 8 digit code is provided to connect to a device. Upon entering the code on meta.com/device I am prompted with an error message: "Invalid Device Code Request! Please try again!". I have tried factory resetting the Quest 2, which did not work. I have tried entering he 8 digit code on other meta accounts, including my own, and newly created meta accounts, none of which have worked either.

Does anyone know when this will be addressed in a future patch or if there is a solution?

Will we have to wait for this issue to be resolve in a future update of the quest 2 software? If so do you know an estimation of how long this could be?

Upon creating a second quest 2 account you are immediately prompted with the 8 digit code, if you try to cast during this from your phone, an error message appears on the phone saying you are only able to cast to the admins account.

I will add I did not factory reset or remove the existing accounts that were upgraded as I didn’t want to lose the progress for those items if any is saved on the device - waiting on Meta to provide fix.

I did not create a second account and only had the admins account on my quest, so I was able to cast to my phone. For some reason, the quest stopped asking me for a device code after that.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?