cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Issue: Quest 2 SystemUX Crashes when using App Tray/Browser

VoskiSoor
Explorer

Hello all, I played some VR last night no issues woke up this morning to find some weird problems. 

Initiallt the issue was SystemUX keeps stopping, I tried clearing cache and storage for the app to no resolution. I then ran a headset factory reset. The system tray now works ok and doesnt crash HOWEVER, everytime I try to open the app tray I now get a blank grey box that looks like a notification and lose my system tray all together. I tried floating the app browser in parallel view this shows the app browser but it's all blanked out and inaccessible behind the blank glitches notification with no system tray. 

Any help whatsoever will be appreciated.

Side note I also relogged and reset oculus all on my phone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TinyAngryPanda
Retired Support

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, everyone! We are aware that some users are being affected by this error and the team is currently looking into it. While we do so, we would very much appreciate if the following could be provided:

1. Which version is your headset on?
  2. Aside from factory resets, have any other troubleshooting steps been attempted?
  3. And, any screenshots of this issue.

We thank you in advance to anyone and everyone who contributes, and we'll drop any updates we have here!

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

Lately I’ve been getting system error messages saying “systemUx has stopped” it only started happening when I exited games but now it happens as soon as I boot up the headset. But when I close the message a new one appears within a few seconds.

Does anyone who a way to fix this?

MoltenMonke
Honored Guest

I’m currently having the EXACT same issue after a factory reset due to a systemsUX crash. I’ve done 2 factory resets but I’m still stuck with this unloadable grey box preventing me from opening my App Library. 

I’ve also noticed my library won’t load on the app and I can actually launch games from the app if I get to the app page through the shop

I've started a support thread via WhatsApp looks like it's widespread they acknowledged multiple similar issues being reported.

Sheepdogfc
Explorer

Just factory reset my oculus, having the exact same issue. Hopefully a solution comes up soon

Mine, too! I cannot find any solution to this problem. And I cannot find any help center for this. 

I am so upset about it. Well, any software could have errors I understand it, but I cannot find a way to report the problems. That's terrible.

TinyAngryPanda
Retired Support

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, everyone! We are aware that some users are being affected by this error and the team is currently looking into it. While we do so, we would very much appreciate if the following could be provided:

1. Which version is your headset on?
  2. Aside from factory resets, have any other troubleshooting steps been attempted?
  3. And, any screenshots of this issue.

We thank you in advance to anyone and everyone who contributes, and we'll drop any updates we have here!

Same issue for me on Quest 2.  Unable to get a screenshot of it.

1.  Headset version is 49882890235800150

2. First noticed the issue as some games in my list of games in the headset displaying as a blank, black icon with only a date displaying rather than a name.

Additionally in storage under settings, some games in the list were blank with only the size showing

If I tried to launch one of these "blank games" or click on it's 3 dots I would get the "System UX keeps stopping" error.  Once I closed the error box, the home environment and UI would  then continually flash off and on and then the error box would reappear.

The error will also occur if I try and open the "Apps" option in settings.

Rebooting/restarting the headset will bring back the bottom UI panel with quick settings/recently used apps etc but as soon as I click on the icon to open my list of apps, the bottom UI panel turns into a short oblong grey box with the window the window for the app list appearing behind it dimmed and unclickable.

I have fully updated the app on my phone and am able to connect to the headset but "App Library" and "My library" shows no games/apps

I also have a first gen Quest which is on version 49068160391300400 which doesnt have the issue although in the Meta phone app, the "App Library" displays behaviour which is unusual.  For example the "recent" view only shows apps updated recently and not all apps even if I click on "AZ" only apps that have been updated recently or that are pending updates will show in the list not all the games I know I have installed on the headset.

donnyherb
Honored Guest

i tryed pressing disable app and it worked but now my headset is showing nothing its not a black screen its just not coming up with anything its the cameras but no messages are popping up the controllers arent working and i dont know how to fix it or how to enable systemux again when i cant do anything. can soembody please help

Surfheart
Explorer

As a workaround you can search for games you own on the store and launch them from there although there seem to be some performance issues with the headset.