cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Issue - Refurbished Quest replacement unable to connect controllers

WowUrGarbage
Protege

I just recently sent my quest 2 and controllers back to be replaced but the refurbished quest 2 controllers that was sent to me won't connect to the refurbished quest 2 headset that was sent to me so my headset is stuck in the paring initial setup screen. I tried linking my headset to my app to set up controllers that way but no matter how many times I tried to pair it putting the pair code in it won't pair up. I have factory reset several times. I have reinstalled the app already a few times. Yes my location and bluetooth is on. I have already been through setting this up with my old quest 2 that I sent back with no problems. I don't understand how I was sent a refurbished quest 2 and controllers that can not even set up. Please help me fix this or let me get a replacement that works.

158 REPLIES 158

Do you see your device when entering “adb devices” ?

So, first off, it’s /, not \

You are really only doing 2 things…downloading Update.zip, which is the software that will actually update your headset, and the SDK, which executes and does the update.

Make sure the update.zip is in the same folder as the adb.exe.

Does  ‘./adb devices ‘ show any devices? Like 1WHXXXXXXXX.

Have you actually selected the ‘side load’ option from the headset boot menu?

Once you execute “adb sideload update.zip", you should see an update bar on your pc AND in the headset itself. 

Need to know more about what you are actually experiencing. Any error messages?

no it just said adb: The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, functon, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again 

At line:1 char:1 

+ adb sideload update.zip

+~~~

+categoryInfo         :  ObjectNotFound: (adb:string)   [] , CommandNotFoundException

+FullyQualifedError : commandNotFoundException

So, make sure you navigate to the folder that has the adb.exe, then shift-right-click, to make sure you open the command prompt in that location. 

I assume you extracted the adb zip file you downloaded…usually something like right click on .zip and “extract all”. So, you want to pull all the files out into a folder. One of them should be adb.exe, which is an executable program. Then copy update.zip into same. 

Do not unzip the update.zip, just make sure it is in same folder as the adb.exe that you extract. 

You can try using “adb devices” command without the ./, which is what I did at first and I got an error saying I had to use ./adb

Maybe post screen shot of directory and command prompt error. 

ight one sec

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (4).png

Try ./adb by itself and see if you get options instead of errors. It looks like / and \ both work for me:

BCC0C8DC-9963-46E5-A956-71B001D261F3.jpeg

So, in your screen shot, you never quite get the command right. In some instances, you get the case wrong on update.zip, and on others you type adp instead of adb. 

well that worked

ok so after i see my devices there what do i do