cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag when playing wireless link

ROASTY79
Honored Guest

Hi, I have just purchased a quest 2 hoping to play my Oculas rift libruary. When linking my quest 2 to PC I get really bad lag and cannot play the games. Any help to sort this out.

14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ROASTY79! We can definitely understand your concern regarding the poor performance that you're experiencing with your Quest 2 while linked to your PC, and we'd love to help out! We'll have to review your logs, so please reach out to us through our support site and we'll gladly take a look and see what we can do to help! We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

What do you need from me and how do I get this and sent to you 

Hey there, @ROASTY79. As mentioned we'll need to review your logs, once you reach out to us through our support site we'll walk you through how to collect them as well as how to send them to us for review. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ROASTY79
Honored Guest

Please let me know how to get the logs to send to you 

Hey there! We will be happy to provide you with the steps required to gather your logs:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Once you have the file, please reach out to our support team through this link here, create a ticket, and once provided with the file through your ticket, we will be pleased to assist you!

ROASTY79
Honored Guest

I have tried to upload zip and it say it does not support .zip

Is there any other way to send it to you, can I email it to you ?? as attachment ?

As they've stated a couple times now. You can create the ticket first. After you create the ticket (Depending on what you requested) you'll get an email with a ticket number. If you've received this email, you can attach the file on said email and they can continue there. They won't be able to look at your file here on the forums. 

If you selected the live chat option, you can let them know you have the file and there should be an option to add it while in the chat.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

JamBox88
Retired Support

Hi @ROASTY79! First of all, welcome to the Quest-munity! I just wanted to offer a link here for troubleshooting your cable link before you try to pull your logs and open a ticket with Meta Store Support.

Hope this helps!

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!