cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lateral movement stutter with AirLink

skater0
Explorer

When connecting to my PC using AirLink over WiFi 6 using either a Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest Pro, the hand positions stutter when moving laterally in conjunction with the head. E.g. hold hands up in front of your head, step side-to-side while keeping your hands aligned with your head. Moving hands is smooth while head is fixed. Hands remain in place without jitter while keeping them fixed in world space and moving head laterally. This is not an issue outside of AirLInk. I recall a long while back when this was never an issue, but it's very problematic for many games and experiences.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @skater0! We hate to hear you're experiencing stuttering when connected via Airlink. We would like for you to submit a support ticket with us here:https://store.facebook.com/help/support/ with a copy of your Oculus logs and the same details of what is occurring so one of our team members can look into a resolution for you!

To gather Oculus Logs

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

BoringEagle
Protege

Same issue. The fact that these intermittent stutter issues were better or non-existent for the very same people in previous versions clearly indicates a software/update issue rather than a hardware or setup issue. Ive tried every workaround i could find on the interwebs and nothing has removed/fixed the frequent movement/tracking stutter. Im inclined to believe its software side and recent updates have broken something that was working previously. 

cheeeze
Explorer

My friend and I are having the same issues.

I've had the first Rift and now playing on the quest 2 for a while. My setup has always been great with VR. No stuttering no issues at all.

Since the last updates Airlink is messed up.

Same thing for a good friend of mine.

Stuttering happens randomly over airlink and it has nothing to do with our computer / wifi setups.

We are awaiting for a fix since our quest 2 is collecting dust and is unusable.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Cheeze! We hate to hear about our Meta users losing out on the VR experience. Luckily we're here to provide you with some assistance.

Can you tell us what kind of GPU driver you have and if you've updated it recently? If you have updated your GPU, we ask that you revert back to the older version and see if the issue is still persisting.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you and figuring this all out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Latest Nvidia Drivers.

It's not the GPU drivers.

You are probably aware of other Quest 2 users having the same issues with Airlink since version v46 or the one before.

People all over this forum and Reddit are reporting stuttering issues. You are probably aware of that.

People are reporting having better results using Virtual Desktop.

Hey thanks for letting us know about your experience with Airlink and v46. It looks like you aren't the only one having these types of issues because this thread has some users with similar issues as yours. I will pass this up the ladder to see if this is being looked into and hopefully the next update will smooth out any stuttering issues you're seeing in Airlink right now.

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS