cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Controller Oculus Quest 2

Joetwo
Honored Guest

I purchased an Oculus Quest 2 in January 2022. In June I started to have problems with the left controller which would not connect. After trying everything Meta support suggested I sent the left controller back to the company and a few days later received a refurbished left controller which worked for a couple of weeks then failed to connect. I tried everything again except a factory reset and nothing worked so I sent back the first refurbished left controller and was sent a second refurbished left controller which worked for a few days then wouldn't connect. So I went through the same process of trying everything again (new batteries, pairing and unpairing, deleting apps and reinstalling again including a factory reset and nothing fixed the problem. I am at a loss as to what to do.  I have asked for a total replacement system. Has anyone had a similar problem?

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We see you are having some left controller issues and understand that this is causing you concern and taking time away from gaming. Don't worry, we have your back and will do our best to get you taken care of.

Can you tell us what's wrong with your left controller? Is it damaged in any way? Are you also having problems with your right controller? Is your headset up to date? Are you on Version 43? We can look into this further for you once you provide that information.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Is there anything I can do about my quest 2 right controller not pairing? I just got a refurbished quest 2 and it won’t connect because I don’t have the little tabs in the controllers

I bought my quest 2 in March 2022 from shop in Thailand. In order to avoid dulplicated topic created, my left controller also have the LED blinking problem. When I turn on my headset or just push the button with turn headset on, the left controller starts blinking very fast and it doesn't connect at all. It keeps blinking like almost an hour.

I tried all troubleshooting regarding your support topic i.e. take off and reinsert batterry, unpair/re-pair, factory reset many times but it still keep blinking.

Some actions as above could make left controller connected but after turn off and leave it overnight. It is blinking again when I turn on next day. Anything you might help?

@CTK If you're still having controller issues after trying everything out, you might want to reach out to the support team

When you're removing the batteries though, how long do you usually remove them for? Recommended time is roughly 10-15 minutes but if that doesn't work I would say yeah, just hit up support for a possible replacement.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Many thanks for your kind comment. I did remove battery so many times from a minute, 10-15 min., 30 min. and >40 min. before re-insert battery back to its slot.

I will try to reach out oculus support because I bought it in Thailand so I just beg that they won't consider me as out of service area.