cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Controller not working

Ausroachman
Honored Guest

So its finally happened to me, after not playing for a few weeks , now suddenly my left controller wont detect

So initially it died for a day or 2 , and the only solution was to buy a different brand of batteries (which seem to be a slightly bigger height then the ones i had). It took forever to get to this point, unpairing, resetting batteries (same brand e.t.c). It was basically a fluke that i tried a different brand (right controller still works fine with the old battery brand though)

This suddenly worked for a few days and i was rejoicing. But now suddenly with the new brand battery its no longer working.

I have reset batteries, even tried the tinfoil trick. The app tells me its connected and i can see its battery life , however the vr unit itself will not detect it.

I have tried fixes for days, reset batteries probably about 50 times , i am really disappointed in the quality of these controllers if it can just stop working, rework and then stop working again.

My last restort is to try a factory reset but i am really reluctant as i dont want to reinstall everything again (im i doubt it will resolve the issue).

How do i lodge a request to place the faulty controller ?

So yeah , app detects the controllers, i can read its battery levels, but vr refuses to see it. Nothing has changed since it was working and now completely dead.

5 REPLIES 5

Zooter2
Honored Guest

Having the same issue myself right now. Going to reach out to customer care as factory reset did nothing as expected. 

Dumbsterfyrr
Honored Guest

Same issue here, no tracking on the left controller, but its buttons were somewhat responsive, and the battery percentage showed 100%. It vibrates when the battery is inserted, just no tracking. The right controller works great. No water or fall damage. Experimented with hand tracking and it works okay, so its not a camera issue.

Gonna try leaving the battery out for a while. (10 mins) Saw that suggestion in another post.

Hey there, @Dumbsterfyrr! That's a great idea if your controller is not working properly. If after placing back the batteries you're still having issues, we would strongly suggest you. To open a support ticket in order for you to be able to schedule a call back or chat live with us to get this fixed as soon as possible.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I had success by unpairing and re-pairing the left controller to the headset thru the mobile app. Working now!

@Dumbsterfyrr, that is great. We are glad you were able to find a resolution. If you ever have any other questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us and we will do our best to make sure we get you pointed in the right direction. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!