cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Meta Quest 3 Controller Floating Away

savoryslayer
Honored Guest

Hello I was wondering if I could get an explanation of what is happening to my left Meta Quest 3 controller. What is happening is whenever I go to use my Meta Quest 3 left controller it floats away and messes with my gameplay. This has caused my Meta Quest 3 to become almost completely unusable which is quite unfortunate because I’ve only had it for around 7 to 8 days. This happened because my left controller strap broke whilst I was playing gorilla tag (I didn’t know that it was broken so when I lost grip of it it fell on the ground) and now it flies away every time I use it. I’ve not been able to find a fix for it and when I brought it back to where I bought it (Game Stop) they said they didn’t do repairs. I need a way to fix it without having to spend lots of money on an expensive repair that I could do myself. I have tried disconnecting my controller, taking out my battery for an extended period of time, restarting my Quest, and the room I’m in has no LEDs plus it is a very well lit space. Also my boundaries aren’t the problem. Help would be appreciated and have a great day, Thank You!

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @savoryslayer, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We want all of our users to have great experiences, which means everything needs to work properly. We do have a few other things we can suggest here.

These steps may help resolve this! If not, please reach out to us in a private message so we can discuss this further! If this does fix it, please keep us up to date on that as well!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?