cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Shift key in Oculus Browser acts as Enter

aleksandrvin
Honored Guest

I've paired a keyboard and it appeared that in Oculus Browser when I hit Left Shift it acts like Enter key is pressed. Is it only me or this is the default for browser app?

12 REPLIES 12

thelizardwizard21
Honored Guest

I am experiencing this same issue.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand this can be pretty frustrating, and we want to make sure your drivers for your keyboard are updated and unplug any other devices you might have. If that doesn't resolve your issue, please do not hesitate to hit us up [here](https://metaque.st/Support) on our support site. Please make sure to include all details regarding this issue. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

shmatt
Honored Guest

I have the same issue.  Apple magic keyboard in the oculus browser.  Hitting left shift key triggers Enter, while still acting as shift

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! We've got some more steps we'd like for you to try! 

We also like to recommend disabling your Bluetooth connecting, rebooting your device and repairing your Bluetooth to each device. If this doesn't work, we'd like to hear from you in a private message where we will be better able to gather information about the situation and provide more in-depth troubleshooting steps. When submitting your private message, please answer the following questions so we can get the process going quicker:

• Are there any other steps that you have done to resolve this issue? This will let us know which steps not to provide! 
  • Are you pairing your keyboard directly to the device, or are you using Virtual Desktop to use the browser? 
  • Are you using any other Bluetooth device while using your keyboard?  

We hope the provided step here was successful in getting your Bluetooth keyboard to work properly! If not, please don't hesitate to reach out via private message with answers to the above questions and we will be bale to provide you with more troubleshooting steps! Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

dcooper8
Explorer

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue and have tried with 3 different keyboards. After a few minutes, left-Shift starts sending a spurious Return or Return/Newline. 

Needless to say this is a bit of a show stopper for typing in the oculus!

By the way another really nice to have feature would be the ability to map e.g. caps lock to control.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi shmatt, have you found any fix or workaround this left-shift issue
?

Thanks

Dave

No, except for using caps-lock or right shift instead. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey dcooper8! Thank you for providing the steps you have already tried! After completing all the previously mentioned steps, we next recommend completing a factory reset on your headset. A factory reset will clear the Bluetooth cache on the device allowing for a cleaner pair to your keyboard and could potentially help this issue! Steps for completing a factory rest can be found at the link here: Factory Reset! We would like to hear form those effected as we think this may be an emerging issue, so it would be pertinent for us to find out if the factory reset was able to fix this issue or not. Please let us know if any of the provided steps were able to get your keyboards shift function to work properly! We will be taking a deeper look into this issue, so we ask for your patience while we figure out the cause of this issue and come up with a solution. Thanks for everyone's patience with us so far!  

dcooper8
Explorer

Ok, I will try the factory reset. 

I can confirm that the issue is there in Oculus Browser but not in Termux. (but when i run both with Experimental multitasking enabled, I think the issue shows up in both, assuming I had started the Oculus Browser at all).  Will follow up after factory reset.