cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Thumbstick Unable To Tilt Left

AALMII
Honored Guest

I had just recently found out that my Quest 2's joystick is broken, where if I tilt it fully to the left, it starts acting like its in the neutral or slightly tilted right position instead of far left.

I only found out that this was the case, and not just weird controls in VR games, after I've had the device for over a year.

Is there anything I can do to fix it, or do I just need to buy a whole new pair?

Besides the thumbstick issues, it works perfectly.

3 REPLIES 3

AALMII
Honored Guest

Note: This is not due to me hitting anything with it.

I've had this issue since I bought it. I just thought VR was janky.

Google "Quest Drift" for a range of options but if the unit is under warranty, you should log a support call to have it replaced. Support will be along shortly to suggest fiddling with deadzones but if the problem occurs at one extremity of travel, that's not going to help.

Hey @AALMII we're glad that you brought your issue to our attention. We want to do everything we can to help you fix your issue.

To start off the troubleshooting processes let's try removing the batteries for at least 30 seconds before attempting to use them again.

On your Standalone Headsets we can increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable you:

• Go to Settings
  • Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
  • Select Controllers in the left menu
  • Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
  • Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks dead zones
  • When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position.

Additionally, you can push the joystick and clean the remote as the drift may have been brought on by dust or other debris.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!