cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller keeps disconnecting

Umbreon561
Honored Guest

My son's left controller keeps disconnecting itself then has issues with re-pairing .

18 REPLIES 18

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there Umbreon561! We see you're having a connectivity issue with your left controller. We know how that can really interrupt gameplay, so we want to do everything we can to assist you. Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Replace the battery with a new one
  • Remove the battery for 30 minutes to reset the controller
  • Restart your headset before trying to re-pair your controller
  • Last resort: perform a factory reset

If you are still facing connectivity issues after trying these steps, please submit a support ticket with us. One of our agents will be happy to assist you further. Please include in your ticket along with the details of your issue, all troubleshooting you've tried so far. 🙏😊 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

doof.2022
Explorer

My sons is doing the same tried everything hard reset change battery left it out re paired nothing works

Hey @doof.2022! Having your controller disconnect constantly can really be detrimental to your VR experience, so we'd be glad to lend a hand! 

Seeing as you've already attempted the previous troubleshooting provided to no avail, we'll need to gather some sensitive information. Please don't hesitate to PM us @MetaQuestSupport where we can look into some other possible options. 

We'll see you there!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey again, @doof.2022! We're just stopping by to see if you were still needing some help with your controller issues. If so, please don't hesitate to shoot over a PM so we can look into those other options!

I have been having the same issue. It keeps disconnecting. I have tried taking out the battery, changing the battery, repairing. The only other thing I haven’t tried is a factory reset. I wonder if that will help. At this point, I’m a little upset because I haven’t been able to use it properly since I got it.

Hey there, @gtgirl79.2023. We can definitely understand how concerning it would be for your left controller to continuously disconnect as you've described here, and we'd be glad to help out however we can! When you removed the batteries, did you leave them out for at least 15 minutes? If not, give that a try as it will reset the controllers and could help fix this issue. If that doesn't help, a factory reset wouldn't be a bad idea. We'll leave the steps for a factory reset below just in case they're needed. Let us know how the troubleshooting turns out! 

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset.
  • Press and hold volume down & Power.
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu.
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection.
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button.
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Hey there, @gtgirl79.2023. We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

luvvvforkeeyy
Honored Guest

My left controller keeps going out even tho i replaced the battery & its saying low battery when i just replaced it it been almost a year since i had dis Oculus & it never did dis before can i get help with it ?

Afternoon,

I am having the same problem with the left controller dropping out. I have done all of the steps listed above with not fix to the problem. What is my next step