cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller keeps scrolling down

ILIKEPOTATO
Honored Guest

I’ve had my quest2 for about a year and now when I try to play any game or even in the menu my left controller keeps scrolling downwards, does anyone know how to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We totally understand how detrimental controller drift can be for your VR experience. No worries, we're here to help! First, let's gather a little information...

• Has the controller ever been dropped or heavily impacted?
  • Have you attempted to replace the batteries?
  • Have you attempted to unpair and re-pair the controller?

In case you are unsure how to unpair/re-pair your controller, click here. If you would like further assistance over email, feel free to submit a ticket here and one of our team members will get back to you as quickly as possible!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

JimmyCquests
Honored Guest

Oculus Support, my new Quest 2 does the same thing, right out of the box. And as a very long-time gamer I can tell you this is not a "drift" problem. On every menu pointing the left controller anywhere inside the active window will cause that window to scroll.

Cholo-
Protege

It's stick drift, most of the Quest controllers have this problem sooner or later (mostly "sooner" actually... terrible hardware quality).

Be aware that this scammers are not replacing them, once you ship them to RMA, they will stop reply to you, and you are stuck without the chance to use the headset for months. Many people in this situation.

aaronjohns
Honored Guest

I had this problem and it was that the joystick was slightly out of whack and causing a permanent scroll.  A cleaning spray fixed the problem, like electrical contact cleaner.

now, what shall I do, if my sticks work wonderfully in the quest menu but let's say in VR chat (playing via air link/oculus app), all menues automaticly scroll down!?

in other games it's fine.

I re-calibrated both controllers and they work as they should.

can I somehow calibrate the controllers for each app/game or something!? Oo

Hey hey @OliVR-Metzel! We love to hang out in VR, and stick drift is a pretty intrusive issue for sure. No one likes sliding away during a conversation, quite rude!

Anyways, it sure is weird you only see it in one particular application, but we have some ideas! While the Quest 2 does not directly allow calibration on a per app basis, it is possible the developers have their own system in place, when you are in the calibration screen, does your joystick move on its own as indicated during calibration?

Otherwise, we have seen some issues regarding VR Chat and drifting while using PC VR, and one easy solution to test would be to open the app as normal and while on your home area, go on your PC, click off of the application view showing the game, and then click back on. Please let us know how that goes!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

oh hey!

thank you for the quick reply!

the trick of clicking/tabbing out of VRchat and back in actually worked.

something must have interfered in some way.

thank you very much 😃

Glad to hear it! Since it only seems to happen in VR chat, we would recommend submitting a bug report to the developers if it's something that keeps happening. Stay safe, and enjoy your drift free menus!