cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller light flickering and not connecting

Carlos0121
Explorer

So earlier today I was playing normally I haven’t hit anything with my left controller , Then it suddenly stops I looked  at the controller and the lights keeps flickering and never stops. I tired doing solutions for this but now both of my controllers won’t connect. It just won’t connect and the lights keep flickering

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there! We know what it's like to get really into a game only to have issues with the controller. We'd love to help.

What troubleshooting steps did you already try? Can you leave the batteries out of the battery bay for 30 minutes and put them back in to see if that makes the controllers update the firmware on them? When you put the batteries back in, do the lights flash? Have you tried manually pairing the controllers? 

We have provided the  steps below: 

1. If not already done, insert the included battery into the controller, then tap continue on the Oculus app.
  2. Open the Oculus app
  3. Tap Menu in the lower right corner
  4. Tap Devices
  5. If necessary, select the headset
  6. Tap Controllers
  7. Tap Left or Right to choose which hand you’d like to pair.

Once they are paired, the controllers will automatically connect to the headset each time it is turned on or nearby. Please let us know if you are still needing assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

Carlos0121
Explorer

Upd- when I try playing the oculus it says, left controller low. I just switched the batteries to a new one and it says it low.

FullMTLJackass
Explorer

Same thing happened to me!!! It was after I paired a new meta controller I just bought from the store for my quest 2. Then I paired it with my other headset and the same thing happened… now I can’t pair either headset to ANY right controller.

Hey there! We know what it's like to get really into a game only to have issues with the controller. We'd love to help.

What troubleshooting steps did you already try? Can you leave the batteries out of the battery bay for 30 minutes and put them back in to see if that makes the controllers update the firmware on them? When you put the batteries back in, do the lights flash? Have you tried manually pairing the controllers? 

We have provided the  steps below: 

1. If not already done, insert the included battery into the controller, then tap continue on the Oculus app.
  2. Open the Oculus app
  3. Tap Menu in the lower right corner
  4. Tap Devices
  5. If necessary, select the headset
  6. Tap Controllers
  7. Tap Left or Right to choose which hand you’d like to pair.

Once they are paired, the controllers will automatically connect to the headset each time it is turned on or nearby. Please let us know if you are still needing assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kevin.hepburn1
Honored Guest

I would like to purchase an Oculus Quest 1 left controller replacement- is that possible?

Carlos0121
Explorer

Hey oculus, both of  my controllers work well not really. The right ur is perfectly good now. But the left, well let’s just say it keeps disconnecting and connecting. It says “left controller not connected please wake up by pressing buttons” or something like that. When i do that the light keeps flickering like it should but after that pattern the oculus is blinking without stopping for 2-4 seconds. I haven’t tried removing the batteries yet so when I do that solution I will notify you.

It’s a solution for one of my controllers not both but thx.

The light did flicker when u put the controller on but it still keeps connecting and disconnecting and it blinks repeatedly 

We see you want more information on a replacement left controller, and we can help. If you open a support ticket here, one of our experts will gladly assist you.

Hi. My left controller also doesnt want to connect itself to the gogels, but i just unboxed it and im stuck in setup menu.