cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller turns on but won’t track

Con352
Explorer

My controller will turn on and connect and show its connected but when i go into a game like gorilla tag i can press buttons but when i move my arm nothing happens.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Con352! It must be pretty hard to be a gorilla if your hand can't move! Let's see what we can do to get you back in the game.

First, we have a couple troubleshooting steps for you to try:

• Remove the battery for at least 30 seconds, and replace with new batteries.
  • Un-pair and re-pair your controllers in the mobile app.
  • Try a new playspace to see if this also occurs in a different environment.
  • Ensure that your playspace has bright, even lighting. This is an important factor when it comes to tracking!
    • If it's too bright or too dark, the tracking may not work properly.
    • Ensure your area is free of small lights (like Christmas lights, or LED strips), as well as large reflective surfaces (like mirrors, or glass).

If you're still having trouble after trying those steps, could you please answer the following so we can get a better look at what's happening:

• Is this only happening with your left controller?
  • Do you have this tracking issue only in Gorilla Tag? Is it happening in other games and/or the home environment?
  • Do you see any error messages?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Con352
Explorer

yes only left controller. in other games along with home environment. no error messages 

also when i turn on my oculus my right controller connects instantly but the left blinks over and over but will eventually connect

Thanks for your quick reply and for those details! If the troubleshooting steps we provided didn't help to get the tracking working, the next thing we would recommend is opening a support ticket here. Make sure you let them know what troubleshooting steps you've already tried, so you don't have to repeat anything that hasn't worked. The Support Team there will be able to look into this further and figure out the best way to get you back into the game!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!