cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left drift/tilt.

chaddyle
Honored Guest
I have had the Oculus for several months, but unfortunately haven't had much time to use it. I have downloaded multiple demos and after a minute or so, there is serious tilt with the tracking. In order to be level in the demo, I have to compensate my head to the right, a lot. I have used the SDK and tried to calibrate it. Everything seemed fine. Is there something else I can try? Sorry for the beginner question.
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
Drift is actually normal with the Rift, though some units may have it worse than others. With the more recent SDK there is mag-based yaw-correction, which should help, but will only work in demos made with the new SDK.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

tlopes
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:
Drift is actually normal with the Rift, though some units may have it worse than others. With the more recent SDK there is mag-based yaw-correction, which should help, but will only work in demos made with the new SDK.

Looks like it's time for me to bite the bullet and upgrade my SDK again 🙂

flodihn
Honored Guest
I had similar issues with drift, unplugging and plugging the glasses again helped.

wheelq
Honored Guest
ok my positional tracker lights up, IRs are on (I can see them using my phone), but tilting doesnt work in the demo. Am I missing something? DK2 + OSX