cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenses scratched out of box

Boiwolfya
Honored Guest

I took my quest out of the box and got it all set up before noticing lots of scratches already on the lens right out of the box. They are not noticeable but sucks my brand new oculus already has loads of them, aswell as a small dent on the other side. I don't know where to complain as I don't want to send it back and wait for a new one while being out of one for another week. But for 399$ and new, I was expecting it to be in perfect condition.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Boiwolfya  Contact Oculus Support about this (google Oculus Support). 

https://support.oculus.com/

Be prepared to take a few phone photos (best you can) and have your purchase details (receipt) to send to them with your support ticket.  Good luck sorting this out mate and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Moroda
Explorer

Polywatch Poly Watch Plastic Crystal Glass Polish & Scratch Remover Repair Tool Set with Cloth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075DC44PP/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_GVEK0187WZKB6T98722A.   This stuff works magic!!! As long as the scratches are not to deep

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@Boiwolfya  Contact Oculus Support about this (google Oculus Support). 

https://support.oculus.com/

Be prepared to take a few phone photos (best you can) and have your purchase details (receipt) to send to them with your support ticket.  Good luck sorting this out mate and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

calvados123
Protege

Stupid question, but are you sure they are scratched?  Mine have marks in the lenses where they are directly in front of the iris, but I think that is intentional.  

Yes, I see the natural lines thst are supposed to be there, These scratches are all over the place like when you take a fork or 

i did this and contacted them and They did absolutely NOTHING.   SO THIS IS BULL**bleep**.   $700 vr and no one on this planet will even let me PAY to fix them.   What a nightmare.   I owned the Occulus Quest 2 and had no issues.  Ive had the quest 3 for a month and i cant see anything now.   I will never do business with this company again.  HUGE waist of money.   I regret my purchase

Hey @fnasty! We wouldn't want our customers having anything less than a stellar VR experience. We'd like to look into your support interaction to check if everything's in order. Please send us a private message. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We hope to hear back from you as soon as possible

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey again! We wanted to follow up with you and see if you still need assistance with your issue. We will be patiently waiting for your response and hope to get you back on track!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

You aren't alone in this.  Having dealt with Oculus/Meta with my Quest 1 and 2, I bought my quest 3 via Amazon.  When it comes to replacing a defective headset they are the worst company I have ever dealt with.  Persist with them.  It took me between 3 to 6 months after they agreed that the headset needed replacing to actually receiving one.  Getting them to agree was a whole process in itself.   I've had no issues with 3.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?