cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Cable Malfunctioning

RisingSerperior
Honored Guest

I'm trying to connect my Oculus Quest 2 to the PC Client through the link cable in order to open SteamVR, but I'm coming across an issue. Whenever I activate Quest Link, I'll hear Windows audio, but it will load forever. Checking the desktop for the source of the audio shows a windows notification saying that there is an issue with my headset hardware. Clicking the notification takes me to an oculus quest 2 troubleshooting page.

I've also tried using Air Link but I get the same results. I've re-installed the oculus client on my computer and done a factory reset on my oculus. I'm also using the link cable available from the oculus store.

The headset is clearly connecting to my computer since it's playing windows audio through the speakers, but it keeps me in the Quest loading screen forever, not the PC Client loading screen.

I have run the pc client and steamvr many times in the past year. I first encountered this issue after updating the drivers on the oculus client, but it was also right after a flight. I don't think it got damaged since it was in a large suitcase and I have been using the official case for the headset.

Here are my computer specs:spec.pngThank you for any help!

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @RisingSerperior!

Looks like you're having trouble with the Link Cable, that's definitely a pesky thing to have trouble with - let's fix this together! First, please be sure to check if your PC meets all the requirements, be sure your drivers are updated and check for any Windows updates you may need.

If everything is updated and requirements are met, please try the troubleshooting steps below.

Ensure your Link connection is properly established

1. Open the Oculus PC app on your computer.
  2. Turn on your Quest 2 or Quest.
  3. Plug your USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and then plug the other end into your headset.
  4. A message displays in VR prompting you to Allow access to data. Select Deny. If you mistakenly 'Allow' the prompt, you must unplug your USB cable from the Quest and plug it back in.
  5. When prompted to Enable Oculus Link, select Enable to begin remote rendering using Oculus Link.

Repair the Oculus PC Application

1. Go to https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/ and click Download software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus PC app.

If this doesn't assist with the issue, we suggest following these steps to gather your Oculus Logs and submit a ticket to our Support Team and they'll be able to view and assist further. We hope to have this resolved for you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!