cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link cabel not working anymore

scr1bblz
Honored Guest

Bought quest 2 headset almost a year ago, and bought the official cable as well. Worked fine, until today.

The headset connects to the phone app no problem, and when I plug the cable in it's charging. 

I tried connecting it to my laptop as well, same thing charging but I can't connect the headset in the oculus app.

I've tried the usual things

Power cycling my PC

Power cycling the headset

Factory reseting the headset

Uninstall the PC app

Repearing the PC app

Checked Air link (was never on to begin with)

Logged in and out of app

checked if all drivers are up to date

checked if PC app and headset is on same version

It was working fine for months but not anymore. Can't be my PC, since it's the same thing on my laptop. 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! We're sorry to hear you aren't able to connect to the PC app with your link cable anymore. We appreciate you listing out all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. We know the troubleshooting process is not as exciting as actually enjoying your device, but we want to do everything we can to try and correct this issue.

We understand you said you checked to make sure all your drivers were up to date, but are you referring to your computer drivers only? If so, please check to make sure the latest Oculus drivers are installed by following these steps:

1. Close the Oculus app.
  2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
  3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers.
  4. Open oculus-driver.
  5. Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again

If this has already been done, please either enroll in if you aren't already, or opt out of the Public Test Channel by following these steps:

1. Open the Oculus app on your PC computer.
  2. Select Settings in the left menu.
  3. Select the Beta tab.
  4. Next to Public Test Channel, click to enroll.
  5. Manually reboot the headset

If you are still having issues with connecting your headset to the desktop app, please reach out to our support team here. When you reach out, please include the details of your issue as well as all troubleshooting steps attempted so far. One of our agents will be happy to look into your options with you. 👍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!