cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link not supplying power to Q2

Zandil
Rising Star

Ok so this just started the other day, my quest 2 will no longer charge via the Oculus link cable, and when I play PCVR the Q2 battery is discharging fast, I'm talking lost 40% charge in 10 mins.

After playing around I have found a strange issue, the link is plugged into the USB C on my MoBo and when checking power outputs for USB ports the Quest 2 port is showing 0 power output, yet the link cable works fine just stopped supplying power all of a sudden.

unsure if this is a software issue in my PC, It charges fine via a wall socket

So far, I unplugged everything from other USB ports, no luck

Plug my Pixel phone into the link cable and it gets a power reading of 896 mA

Tested in a USB 3 port and the Q2 shows 500mA

Tested on another USB c-c in same USB C port and same issue 0 power output

Mobo is only 3 months old ROG Strix B550-F Gaming

if anyone knows a possible solution?

Updated with another test:

Using power cord that came with Q2, plugged into USB C port on back of PC, Phone plugged in reads 500mA, plug Q2 in and reads 0mA

252 REPLIES 252

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my.....
DecaGear next....

im about to just sell this brick, and get an HTC Vive or any other Vr headset 

Anonymous
Not applicable

HTC vive controllers, don't look very comfy ;( Index 2 or Deca Gear maybe ?

at this point I don't care. I use Vr for endurance racing in iRacing. I run 4+ hours at a time. i never had a problem but now i do so.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see. Yeah, it's really frustrating 😞
Unsure what to do next myself....
Seems like this problem, won't be fixed 😞

I'm not sure if I can link shopping pages, but if I can, it's this one from China:

aliexpress.com/item/1005001597468775.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.36e9c831J5QhEv

The USB-A 5M (16ft) option. Been using that ever since the topic's issue started. Problem is, it's quite a bit thicker than the official cable, so it's not as comfortable.

Do you think I could use a usb-c to usb-a adapter?

jacks_disciple
Protege

So I just Traded my quest 2 for a different headset. I'm not gunna sit and wait. For a fix when they won't even admit their is a problem. If they fix it than I'll come back to the quest 2

jacks_disciple
Protege

Also update on the Is support ticket, I have not gotten an email back. Though I was told I would be emailed within 30 minutes, Of our chat ending. Seems like to me they just don't care.

GCOCommander
Protege

Just FYI, I put my Thunderbolt card back in my machine and it does charge while playing. However, It's substantially worse than my normal usb-C, whenever I take the headset off it disconnects from the PC and won't reconnect. And its super flaky getting it to connect. I just ordered the recommended usb 3.0 to C cable, oculus support clearly isn't going to be fixing this anytime soon.