cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live overlay not available

VRking-1
Explorer

Using screencast from quest 2 to iPhone 14 pro max.
All software in all devices is updated to the latest.
all devices in same 5g network.

headset will cast to the phone in the oculus app no problem.

it will record in normal mode.
Other modes are not available to select like live overlay or the split screen mode.
I used to swipe up and down on the record icon on the casting screen but that does not work.

this used to work on my previous iPhone 13 pro max. Stopped working on iPhone 14. In

19 REPLIES 19

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @VRking-1. We see you are having issues with getting the live overlay feature to appear. We understand how inconvenient this may be, but don't worry, we're here to assist you all that we can. Just to narrow down some factors for this issue, can you please restart the iPhone and reboot the headset?

You can reboot the headset by the following:

To restart your headset:

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

If you're unable to restart your headset:

1. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds. This will manually turn off your headset.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button until your headset turns back on.

Hope this did the trick! Let us know if any changes occur.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Mordheimer
Explorer

Experiencing the same issue now in v47. Worked fine in the past (last time I tried was in v40). iPhone 12, Quest 2, and Oculus app fully updated. Casting OK, split screen OK, Live Overlay crashes app. Further attempts result in being unable to cast. Restarting or Power cycling the Quest doves issue, until I try to Live Overlay that crashes the app.

Hey @Mordheimer, it looks like you had tried a couple of troubleshooting steps and have had no luck with this overlay issue. We'd be happy to help further and solve this! Please Submit a Ticket to reach us via email, live chat or even a scheduled callback. We'll be able to assist further within that platform.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

josecfreittas
Honored Guest

Similar problem here. iPhone 13, all software updated, the app crashes every time I try overlay.

Hey there @josecfreittas, we see you are having issues with your app crashing. We understand how inconvenient this may be, but we're here to assist you all that we can. Can you let us know what you have done so far to try and correct this problem?

Can you please try the following:

• Uninstall, and reinstall your app.
  • Restart your iPhone.
  • Make sure the app version is up-to-date.
  • Restart your headset.

Let us know if any changes occur. We hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks

Have rebooted the quest 2 and iPhone 

no change to the issue. 

VRking-1
Explorer

Ok did all of this. Also re installed the app on the iPhone no change. Can cast to iPhone and chrome device. Can record normal game play on iPhone. No overly or split mode when you swipe the record button. App does not crash. 

tonyspark.2022
Honored Guest

Hello my friend I have same problem did you find a solution 

Same problem entirely with my iPhone 14. Any solution found?