cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock apps without locking the device

grin_phi
Honored Guest

I activate app locking to prevent my child from using unsuitable apps, which appeared to be an intended use-case.

However, doing so appears to lock the whole device/account - meaning I have to give the child the code to unlock the apps just to be able to use the device, rendering them null. 

Is there a work around so that I can lock just the apps and not the device/account?

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya @grin_phi. We understand the difficulties with wanting to protect your kid from getting into unsafe apps. The App-lock system can be trick, if you don't know exactly what to do. Luckily you came to the right place to get some assistance with this. 

So when you are looking to turn on the App Lock feature, there is three other options to choose from as well. 

• Headset 
  • Password Autofill
  • Locked Apps 

If you want to just lock apps, please only turn on the Locked Apps feature. After you do that, you can go to the App Library and chose which apps you want be locked. 

We hope this makes sense and get you a better understanding on how to use the App Lock feature. If you have anymore questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Knock Knock @grin_phi. We are just reaching back out to see if you are still having trouble with the lock app feature. We hope what we said yesterday made sense to you, we look forward to your update on this! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?