cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Meta Quest 2: provide work email

Mastafugly911
Honored Guest

Header says it all. I was locked out of my device after spending roughly $300 in hardware and another $200+ in software. 
I was requested to send my ID (drivers license) which I did twice. Then was locked out of my meta quest 2 with a requirement to provide a work email that has never been associated with my account. I am a nurse at a hospital and would never link my work email to a luxury device due to personal and patient privacy. I was told it will take 5 business days (this happened Friday night of Memorial Day weekend) so I assume it will not be resolved for at least 7-10 actual days. Unacceptable. I was told there will be no compensation or any form of refund despite me complying with all requests from Meta. 
Absolutely asinine. 

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mastafugly911! We hate to hear that you are locked out of your Quest 2 and would love to look into this for you. We can empathize with you on how much of your hard-earned money has gone into this device, and we want to do everything we can to explore all the next possible steps as fast as possible. To protect your private information, we want you to send us a private message so that we can look deeper into this issue. To do so, simply click on our name to access our profile page, or click on the provided link. Once there, select "Send a Message" to privately message us. Please note that you must be signed in to the community before sending a private message. We eagerly await your response.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have already done so and spent nearly an hour on your support messaging, because your company cannot get a telephone support line together.  I was told that it would take at least 5 business days (meaning this will not be addressed for at least 10 business days. And I was told that there would be no compensation, reimbursement, etc. which is unacceptable. 

Hello @Mastafugly911! We completely understand how urgent your issue is and we appreciate your patience. We value your ongoing communication with us as we diligently work towards finding the best solution for you. Our support team is currently conducting thorough research on your case to ensure we provide you with the most effective resolution. Although we know you would prefer a phone call, we kindly request you to continue the conversation via email as it will allow us to involve our upper-level support for a quicker resolution. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to support you every step of the way.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey @Mastafugly911. Just swinging by here again to see if you've had any success at resolving things or had any further questions for us. If you have any difficulty sending us a PM, don't hesitate to let us know. Hope to hear from you soon. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?