cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of my quest 2

evanwes77
Honored Guest

I made a lock pattern and forgot it. Is there any way i can reset the pattern without factory reseting?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, Evan. We see you need some assistance with resetting your unlock pattern. Not to worry, we know how difficult it is to remember all of our passwords and patterns in today's age of security.

The only way to reset your pattern after forgetting it is to remove it completely. You can create a new unlock pattern after it has been removed. To remove your unlock pattern using the Oculus mobile app:

1. Open the Oculus app and tap Devices.
  2. Select your headset then swipe down to Headset Settings.
  3. Tap Unlock Pattern then tap Remove Unlock Pattern.
  4. Enter your Oculus PIN and tap Submit.

We hope this helps! 😄

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

When I go in the app and click unlock account there is no "remove unlock pattern" is there any other way?

No, Support will push for you to restart your device. I am currently trying to get them to push a software update to fix this issue. It has been around for a while and they still haven't found a reasonable solution. I would advise waiting before risking the reset. If you want some more information I posted my first conversation I had with support in my forum post(I had permission from him). I will also dedicate my time to getting this resolved. Here is the reddit post from 2 years ago I found on this topic. https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/d9args/forgot_my_oculus_quest_unlock_pattern/ 

housecall247
Explorer

Reset not restart. I meant they will force you to do a hard reset deleting all your saved data. Your games you bought will still be there but your saved data will be gone. You can back that up somehow but I would not recommend.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?