cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log back in with another device

Aserqtw.181617
Honored Guest

my brother gifted me his meta quest 2, and i tried deleting his account. Now i created a new one for myself, but on my meta quest i’m stuck on log back in with another device. It tells me to go to www.meta.com/device and log in and then enter the code on the screen. But when i do it, it just say the code is not correct. Any suggestions on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for providing that information! What we'll like to do next is to ensure you have tried the following steps: 

1. Ensure the phone is compatible with the Meta Quest App ( System requirements: Apple iOS 13.4 or later or Android 5.0 or later)
  2. Ensure phone and headset are connected to the same network, on the same frequency
  3. Remove any unsupported third-party accessories that may affect communication (such as headset covers, etc.)
  4. If the issue persists, factory reset the headset (if you haven't already)

We even have a video you can follow in our public article - Troubleshoot pairing issues with your Meta Quest headset 

Let us know how everything works out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Aserqtw.181617! Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We know you are eager to jump into the world of VR, so we're here to help! Normally we wouldn't recommend this right off the start but since this headset was previously used by your brother and you want to remove the profile. we invite you to check out this article regarding factory resetting the Quest 2! Please let us know if you were able to link your profile after performing the steps in the article. We're looking forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Good afternoon. I read the article you attached but the problem is I cannot connect meta quest to mobile app. The 5 number code just doesn’t show up on it. The only thing I see on it is the ‘log back in on another device’ screen

We suggested the factory reset for your device because it would unlink the previous account from your device which we hope will result in you being able to connect to the mobile app. Also, are you seeing the 'log back in on another device' screen on your headset? or within the mobile app?

I already (somehow) deleted my brothers account. And the log back in thing is on my headset

Go ahead and uninstall then reinstall the Meta App on your mobile device and try logging in again, if you haven't already. So we can assist you the best we can, we'll have to get more additional details about what's going on in the matter! Please answer the following: 

• How exactly you deleted your brothers account?
  • After attempting the factory reset, the error: "Log back in on another device",  still appeared? 

I think i went to the account centre and deleted his account, and after i uninstalled and reinstalled the app the log in was no fixed

Thanks for providing that information! What we'll like to do next is to ensure you have tried the following steps: 

1. Ensure the phone is compatible with the Meta Quest App ( System requirements: Apple iOS 13.4 or later or Android 5.0 or later)
  2. Ensure phone and headset are connected to the same network, on the same frequency
  3. Remove any unsupported third-party accessories that may affect communication (such as headset covers, etc.)
  4. If the issue persists, factory reset the headset (if you haven't already)

We even have a video you can follow in our public article - Troubleshoot pairing issues with your Meta Quest headset 

Let us know how everything works out!

I did a factory reset and now my oculus is working perfectly fine. Thank you very much for provided help

Awesome to hear! We're happy that you can now finally enjoy your Meta Quest 2 and get immersed in VR! Remember to mark the previous reply as the accepted solution to help others find answers! Always feel free to reach back out if you'd like any other assistance! Have a good day! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?