cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login problems for Meta and old Oculus account - massive frustrating loop for hours

Sandbag101
Level 2

I cannot login into my old Oculus account. I get "something went wrong" error. I also notice that I get a 6 digit code emailed to me every time however there is no place in the oculus web portal, or the iPhone app to put this code in.

I tried changing password and same problem.

If I try to make a Meta account, it asks me to login into my Oculus account to preserve my apps, but I get the same error. I have to make this account just to post which is a pain.

Also - the meta account page uses cookies of some sort so if another Facebook account has logged into the browser you can only make a meta account with that profile, even if you logout etc.

PS - I couldnt even post this message due to an ERRONEOUS "invalid HTML" error.

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

4 REPLIES 4

Sandbag101
Level 2

I get this email when I try to login but there is no pace to put such code:

"We recently detected a login attempt from a device we didn’t recognize. If this login attempt came from you, for instance because you are trying to access your account from a new device, please enter the following 6-digit code:

Hi @Sandbag101. We just got your PM and will assist you over there as we will need to ask about account information. Please keep an eye out for our reply as we are more than happy to assist you on this issue!

I am having the exact same issue.  My original oculus login is under jamesconner7@gmail.com. Thxs!!

Wow! We know the time this is taking away from being able to enjoy your VR device and want to make sure you can get connected once again! As we appreciate the email you provided we want to invite you to get connected with us through PM's!  Thank you for reaching out and we will be patiently waiting for your message. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.