cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing controller tracking when hands at sides

Ryken_
Explorer

Just looking to see if anyone else has this happen, 

With the Quest 3, when my controllers are resting at my sides they will momentarily lose tracking, a question mark will appear over the controller icon and then disappear. Its regains connection fast, but the interruption causes some drift and jitters. Like in Asgards Wrath 2, I will navigate my inventory with my right hand , with my left resting at my side, then Ill raise my left to put some gems in my gauntlet and my hand will drifting or stuck in the air or gone all together. Sometimes I will just see the grid for the boundary of the play area because the controller drifted off, If i haven't used my left hand in a while. To fix it I just move the controller a bit. Might be the same thing with my right controller but im right handed so its almost always raised.

Not a big deal but it does happen often enough to be annoying. My basement is well lit and my reflective surfaces are covered, windows are blocked. I could try some different lightbulbs if anyone has any suggestions. 

Does anyone else see this with their quest 3? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry about the late reply. I was having some issues logging into the forum , it kept signing me out I couldn't post , it was wierd. Seems to be fine now . 

Anyway I ended up talking to Meta support by email , and the left controller was having more issues as well, analog stick drift and still can't get the controller reset to work (hold a press menu 5 times ) so they are sending me a new or refurbished one. I haven't recieved it yet .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Hey @Ryken_ ! Thank you for reaching out to us with this issue. We hope you're having a great day and would love to get this fixed up for you. With that being said, in order for us to get a better idea of what could be the cause of the problem, please provide us with the following information:

• Has your play area changed recently?
  • Have you tried different play spaces?
  • Has the tracking worked properly before?
  • Are you using third-party accessories or covers with your device?
  • Are you experiencing this issue with both controllers?
  • When does this issue occur? Does it happen only in certain games? Does it happen in the Home environment or in menus?

We're looking forward to speaking with you soon. Have a legendary rest of your day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Ryken_ ! We just wanted to follow up with you on the issues you were having losing controller tracking. Did you still need assistance with this matter? Talk to you soon! Have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I'm sorry about the late reply. I was having some issues logging into the forum , it kept signing me out I couldn't post , it was wierd. Seems to be fine now . 

Anyway I ended up talking to Meta support by email , and the left controller was having more issues as well, analog stick drift and still can't get the controller reset to work (hold a press menu 5 times ) so they are sending me a new or refurbished one. I haven't recieved it yet .

So unfortunately I was having alot more tracking issues with the left then the right.  No silicon covers or anything like that . Then the analog started to to drift as well as tracking issues so I'm trying to RMA it . Just the left one. 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Ryken_ . If there's anything else we can help you with, just give us a shout!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?