cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low controller battery crashes Dashboard

Enduron
Explorer

Clicking notifications on the Dashboard / going into passthrough or losing focus all consistently cause the dash to crash while a run-down battery is in either controller. Clicking notifications on the Oculus app brings up a black screen which is impossible to exit. Removing the battery stops this behaviour. Oculus app reports this error:

Request Failed

Minified exception occured; use the non-minified dev environment for the full error message and additional helpful warnings.

32 REPLIES 32

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Enduron! Thank you for reaching out. That issue definitely sounds concerning, so we'd love to give some insight!

- Make sure to keep your batteries fully charged 

- Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus application

If the issue persists we recommend that you Factory Reset the device using the mobile application after making sure the Cloud Backup is activated.

Let us know how this works for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

brewedtaco
Explorer

I'm getting the same thing. The battery notification starts coming up when there are still about 5-10 hours of life left. This needs to get fixed. Telling me to keep batteries at full charge is not a fix. This is a coding problem, not a user problem. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey brewedtaco. thanks for the update on this dashboard issue.

We think it be best if you reached out to us through the link here, with a photo or video of the issue.

We would love to take a more in-depth look and put this issue to rest!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

brewedtaco
Explorer

Screenshot 2022-06-05 210855.png

When using Air Link to connect, every time I set down the controllers and they go to sleep and I pick them up again, the dash has crashed. Sometimes it loads back up properly. Others, I have to disconnect from Air Link and relaunch to get back into the app I was working in. 

I'm not going to reopen another ticket and go through multiple steps to help you troubleshoot. If you'd like to hire me as a consultant and pay me hourly to test your glitches, you can contact me and we can discuss rates. This is your broken app and I don't help a company as large as Facebook to fix their broken apps for free. 

kalinfunk
Honored Guest

Getting the same thing here. Dash crashes constantly when waking up and this exception pops up all the time on the PC side. Quest 2, cable link, v41 with latest oculus pc software updated.

Hello kalinfunk. Thanks for contacting us. We understand that you're having issues with our latest update. Please submit a bug report so that our engineers can look further into this. 

RED.8P
Honored Guest

oculus support.....be better.

EnvyEm
Protege

I also get this issue. I have reproduced it on Quest 2 using link and on CV1, on two different PCs. Both trying to interface with the PC Oculus Home app. I have re-installed the home app on both machines without success. I first noticed it started happening around June 22nd on both devices.

sclincoln
Explorer

This happens to me with Airlink (don't have Link cable). Never was a problem before but only started recently. And since the low battery warning starts on Quest 2 at 20% which is still several day use for me, asking me to replace the batteries so quickly isn't a good fix. And as I mentioned, low battery warnings were never a problem before.