cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower GPU clock speed

Zyphrono
Honored Guest

Meta recently announced a performance boost for the Quest 2. I was wondering if I can lower the GPU clock speed somehow? I'm trying to save battery life cause my Kuject cable doesn't charge as fast anymore. I keep on seeing people complaining about it because of the recent update. Any clues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PITTCANNA
Visionary

It really doesn't impact it like you think it does.  As most app devs haven't fully utilized the boost in gpu.  You could disable the 120hz, and it might buy you a few minutes but you are kind of over thinking it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @Zyphrono! We see that you are asking about updating your graphics on your computer to use your Quest 2. While we are limited to suggestions for personal user computer enhancements, we can direct you to our developer page if you would like. There, they may have more insight on how to best improve your gaming experience! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PITTCANNA
Visionary

It really doesn't impact it like you think it does.  As most app devs haven't fully utilized the boost in gpu.  You could disable the 120hz, and it might buy you a few minutes but you are kind of over thinking it.