cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

META QUEST 3 CABLE LINK DOWNLOAD TO WINDOWS PC | DEVICE UNREACHABLE

ECHOATE
Honored Guest

Hello,

I am trying to get my gameplay videos from the Quest 3 to WIndows PC, I can get all the way to see the files in the Oculus VideoShots, but when I move or copy them somewhere else it says device unreachable. 

If I have Air Link on then files show, but without it then nothing is there.

What am I missing, please advise

No FilesNo Files

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the reply! I did end up getting it to work. To answer your question and step by step how I got it to work will follow. 

I am not using an official link cable, I am using a USB-C to USB-C phone cable. I did click allow on the VR when plugging it in the computer. 

HOW IT WORKED FOR ME:

Plugin VR to Windows PC using USB-C Cable > Select allow notification in VR Headset [Meta Quest 3] > Select Files in Windows > This PC > Quest 3  > Wait for it to Upload [There will be a loading bar at the top] > Internal Storage > Oculus > Video Shots ***If Air Link in Meta Quest Permission is not active no files show up for me*** > With Air Link Active I can see videos > Select Import *****if the prompt says unreachable, unplug and plug back in*** > Do that > It worked

I did all that and I have been easily able to get my Videos from the Meta to my windows pc every time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ECHOATE! We know saving and downloading your time in the virtual world is such a big way to share the VR experience, so we want to do everything we can to help! To begin with, we do want to clarify, what specific cable are you using to transfer this media? Where was it purchased from? Also, were you able to click "Allow" on that pop-up when first connecting your headset? Here are the full steps to transfer videos from your headset, by the way. Please keep us updated and we can continue from there!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for the reply! I did end up getting it to work. To answer your question and step by step how I got it to work will follow. 

I am not using an official link cable, I am using a USB-C to USB-C phone cable. I did click allow on the VR when plugging it in the computer. 

HOW IT WORKED FOR ME:

Plugin VR to Windows PC using USB-C Cable > Select allow notification in VR Headset [Meta Quest 3] > Select Files in Windows > This PC > Quest 3  > Wait for it to Upload [There will be a loading bar at the top] > Internal Storage > Oculus > Video Shots ***If Air Link in Meta Quest Permission is not active no files show up for me*** > With Air Link Active I can see videos > Select Import *****if the prompt says unreachable, unplug and plug back in*** > Do that > It worked

I did all that and I have been easily able to get my Videos from the Meta to my windows pc every time.

Oh, wonderful, @ECHOATE! Thank you for letting us know you were able to get those video files successfully moved over! We really appreciate you sharing that workaround as well, as we know many folks might find it helpful! If you run into any further problems, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'd like to do all we can to ensure your VR gaming experience is thriving! Otherwise, take care! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?