cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP4 from Google drive

AUS291730
Honored Guest

Hey there, I have logged in Google drive from the meta browser in my Meta Quest 2. I want to play some personal MP4 files from it. But the MP4 file is not getting played. Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @AUS291730! We hope you're having a great day today! Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We know it's no fun to not be able to use our devices to their full capacity so we would love to help getting this issue resolved for you. With that being said, make sure videos use the MP4 or MKV container and are compressed using h.264 or h.265. A fairly high bitrate (up to 100Mbps) will ensure that quality remains high. We've seen these steps help people out in the past with the same issue you're having. We're hoping that they will do the same for you.

However, if you're still having trouble after trying those steps, please don't hesitate to reach back out and let us know. We'll also be here if you have any other questions or concerns.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again, @AUS291730! We just wanted to follow up with you on the issues you were having with MP4 files on google drive not playing. Were you still experiencing these issues? Hope to talk to you soon! Have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello Team,

Thank you for taking follow-up and sorry for late reply. I have tried everything but the MP4 videos are not getting played on my meta quest2 from Google drive. As per my IT experience, it could be the reason that there is no application mapped to play MP4 file from the metaweb for Google drive. 

Please try uploading one MP4 in Google drive in your account, logging to Google drive via meta browser and then try to open it. I am sure, it will not open for you also. 

Hi @AUS291730! We hate to hear that you can't play your Mp4 files using the Meta Quest browser! Would you try to download the video from Google Drive onto your headset and attempt to play it that way? Please try this and get back to us to let us know if it worked for out or not! We'll be looking forward to your reply!

Hello Meta team,

I really appreciate your continuous follow-up on this issue. I will try downloading the video in my Meta locally and will check the functionality. I will surely get back to you soon . Just fyi.. I am able to play any movies in MP4 From my meta. The only problem is, not able to play it directly from the Google drive using meta web. 

I would request you to please add the Google drive application in your app menu so that we can install the Google drive and access our photos and videos directly from the app instead of meta web. 

Thank you

Ujjval Gadkari

Thanks for following up with us on accessing the videos through the Quest 2 browser. We understand wanting to access videos to view on the go and please let us know if the video is able to be accessed once downloaded to the device directly. Should it not be accessible still please provide the details below

- Size of the video file being accessed

- Error encountered when attempting to access the video

We look forward to hearing back!

Hey there, we were checking in on if you were still encountering an issue viewing the MP4 files through the Quest browser. We would be glad to assist so that you may continue viewing on the go. Please contact us if you still need help!

AUS291730
Honored Guest

Hello Team,

Thank you for reaching out. The answer is NO. I am still not able to play mp4 from the meta quest browser, As you have suggested earlier, I am downloading each file from my Google drive to meta Quest 2 in the internal storage and from there, I am opening the Mp4 files. 

Hey there! Thanks for the follow up on this. We do have a few other questions on this. Are you getting any error messages when you try to play the MP4 files?

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?