cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY oculus go killed itself

direwind
Honored Guest
Ok, I've ran into a major unexpected problem.

Before factory resetting I thought I'd watch an old cartoon using the gallery within the vr.

I connected to my pc and allowed access, I then transferred the movies to the movie folder within the oculus; I booted up the device and all was well until I navigated to the gallery menu, the gallery didn't appear, it just flipped back to the home screen; I rebooted the device by holding the power and selecting reboot, and this is where things went bad.

The oculus rebooted and the oculus logo appeared in the middle of the screen. But it did not disappear, it flicked on and off then the system went dead, I cannot turn it on or connect to my pc, I get no response from the system at all.

I've not been able to factory reset so my data is still held in the system.

It just bricked itself.

I've only been using it since last friday and only worn it 4 times, I'm shocked at how many issues I've had within that time, though while it was working it was impressive.

I sent the unit back, but I needed to send it using special next day delivery at my own cost due to my working hours, this was a few days ago, support have not responded after the initial response. 
2 REPLIES 2

direwind
Honored Guest
I have to admit the lack of communication from support is quite disturbing, they're helpful if and when the moon and stars align enough to allow them the powers of communication.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Well it'll take a bit of time for the unit to get to the repair center. Then someone has to have a look at it. Then a decision has to be made on how to resolve your case, like replacement or repair etc. You'll probably only hear back from them when your repaired unit or replacement is on it's way to you. At the end of the day I'm guessing support are only going to get back to you when they have something they can update you with.

It took 2 weeks to have my last Rift replaced over a year ago, whilst it took someones else's that had been sent back at the same time only 2 days. Go figure. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?