cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Account Release - Multiple Headsets needing multiple accounts

RTLibrary1
Honored Guest

Hello,

I have 4 Quest 2 headsets and will be running aa Armchair Traveler experience at the Library I work at in the beginning of September, previously I was able to have all 4 headsets running the app Wander at the same time, with the release of the Meta accounts will I be able to create 4 different Meta accounts (1 for each headset) and purchase 3 extra copies of the app so I can run them all at once? 

Or is there a way to buy additional copies of an app with the one account to run it on multiple at once? 

I am currently able to run it on 2 headsets (using app sharing) but since app sharing only works with one extra headset and I have all 4 headsets set up using the 1 admin account this is all I can get to work.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @RTLibrary1, we love to see you so eager to figure out your set up as Meta accounts roll out this month! Hopefully we can help provide some helpful info and answers for you here!

First, we'd recommend checking out our public article here all about Meta accounts. That should be able to help clarify and provide details for how Meta accounts will work, including how many you can have on a headset and App Sharing! 

Overall, not much is changing in regards to App Sharing. If you want to access the same app on different headsets/accounts, you will need to either purchase the app on each account, or set up App Sharing which can share apps on one additional device at a time.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and we will do our best to help you out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!