cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta App on Win 11 PC Won't Launch Browser for FB Login Authentication

Keaton523
Honored Guest

After launching the app and clicking "Login with Facebook," I get this screen.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 113631.png

My browser never launches a web page to authenticate my login though. I have tried changing my default browser, restarting my computer, clearing browser data, repairing the Oculus app, reinstalling the Oculus app, logging into Facebook via both of the browsers on my computer (Edge/Chrome). Online chat support couldn't fix the issue either.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

ColpoMorto
Honored Guest

Same for me oculus sucks so bad im going to return it and buy another brand

Ive tried over 20 different "so called" solutions and none of them work at all horrible system

Heya @ColpoMorto. We do understand your sentiment with not being able to login to your account on the desktop app. We do want to do everything we can to get this issue resolved for you and get you back into VR. We'll like for you to gather your Oculus Logs for us. Please note that once you gather your Logs, do not send them here on the forums.

1. Please connect your Oculus device to your computer
  2. Find your Oculus installation directory (Generally this will be located at 'C:\Program Files\Oculus')
  3. Navigate to Support and then oculus-diagnostics
  4. Double-click OculusLogGatherer and wait for an executable to appear
  5. Select Get All Logs
  6. This will create a .zip file on your desktop. Please attach that zip file to your reply

Once you gather your Logs please create a ticket on our Support Website. There you'll get connected with one of our amazing agents, who can look more into this issue. We look forward to assisting you there and getting you back into VR.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Having same issue, you figure this out?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Keaton523! This is not what we like to see, and we want to help you get back on track and logged into your PC app. Have you tried running the program as an administrator on your PC? Sometimes the software requires admin privileges to have one app open another app forcefully. If the issue is not resolved after performing these steps, please send us a private message so we can dig a little deeper and get you logged back in. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We hope to hear back from you as soon as possible!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

lucky.markoza
Honored Guest

I have the same problem on my computer

Hello there, @lucky.markoza! We definitely want to get to the bottom of why you're not able to properly log into the Meta Quest Link app, so we wanted to pop in to help out! In order for us to get a better idea of this particular situation, please clarify the following information when you get the chance:

• Have you ever been able to successfully log into the Meta Quest Link desktop app in the past?
  • Have you tried logging in with email instead?
  • Have you been able to try changing the default browser on your PC?
  • Are there any VPNs/antivirus or proxy running in the background that might affect the Meta server connection?
  • Does your PC meet the requirements to support this app, as listed here?