cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Horizon Remote Desktop - Stuck at Check your browser to continue logging in.

CJsmooth
Honored Guest

Installed Meta Horizon Remote Desktop on my laptop and connected just fine from Horizon Workrooms.   Installed the software on my desktop and clicked continue with Meta account.   Then it says check your browser to continue logging in.   After a few seconds it comes back with Try Again.  I keep trying and nothing.  Tried the standard uninstall, reinstall, ensured I was on correct version, rebooted and still same problem.   No browser windows popped up.

a Try Again.png

4 REPLIES 4

biscuitsngravyy
Retired Support

Hey @CJsmooth - I don't have much experience with Horizon Remote Desktop, but wanted to come in and offer some ideas I've seen posted around the forums. First off, what type of laptop are you using? A few users have found the current software is not working with Intel based Macbooks. You can find more about that on this thread

Also, have you tried opening the link on incognito mode of your browser? Or if you have a VPN running, try temporarily turning that off. 

Hope this helps! 

55 BURGERS 55 FRIES 55 TACOS 55 PIES 55 COKES 100 TATER TOTS 100 PIZZAS 100 TENDERS 100 MEATBALLS 100 COFFEES 55 WINGS 55 SHAKES 55 PANCAKES 55 PASTAS 55 PEPPERS AND 155 TATERS

I am actually having this exact same problem. How can I get this to open in a vpn since this is on the meta quest remote desktop app? No VPN's are running and I am on a windows 11 intel desktop. Thanks!

Aodar
Honored Guest

Hi! Believe it or not but I just solved this issue for me by uninstalling Firefox from my PC Windows 11 Laptop. After that, I retried and it did open Edge perfectly. I still don't understand, but it worked for me.

Cheers!

Freedom.25
Honored Guest

Welcome . I bought Quest 3 today and tried this solution and it worked for me. In the Windows settings, put the desired browser in default mode, but be careful that there is an option to open Https. Do it and it will open the browser.